What a difference 30 hours makes - Progress !!

Grizz

EXCITED MEMBER...!!!!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had to post the pic below on another bike forum to illustrate a point and decided to kick off a new thread for those wondering if they should or should not take up trials.

I am amazed that in less than 30 hours total on this bike, as I do not get to ride it every weekend or inbetween, I ride when Jon and Pete go out. I have gone from paddling, dabbing and general frustration, tense muscles and pains in places I had forgotten about, to my first few splatts over the weekend.

18th Feb, was the fist time ever on a trials bike.

IMAG1034.jpg

Last weekend, my first log "splatt"

I know it is not as impressive as many of you guys, but it is massive progress for me, thanks to the help of guys like Pete and Jon.

P1020132.jpg

And one of my previous mindblocks..... rocks.

P1020163.jpg

Anyone having doubts about this side of motorcycling.... get out and do it.

Typically I use less than 3 liters of petrol on a day before I am absolutely knackered, entry to trials or riding sites range between £10-£15 making it very affordable relative to other forms of the sport.

Mate, you have done remarkably well...... I think once anyone 'gets' trials they are away.

As you have found, no one really cares how good or bad you are, more that you are having fun. Jim was chatting to us on Saturday like we were old friends and yet the guy moves in some of the highest circles in trials. He knows we can't do half and a quarter what his boys can, but he knows we enjoy ourselves and to him that's all that matters.

Pete has been a great help to us both..... I try to help, but mostly I just enjoy seeing people fall off....

Glad I managed to sell you on the whole thing!

:)

Batchelor Jon

Mate, you have done remarkably well...... I think once anyone 'gets' trials they are away.

As you have found, no one really cares how good or bad you are, more that you are having fun. Jim was chatting to us on Saturday like we were old friends and yet the guy moves in some of the highest circles in trials. He knows we can't do half and a quarter what his boys can, but he knows we enjoy ourselves and to him that's all that matters.

Pete has been a great help to us both..... I try to help, but mostly I just enjoy seeing people fall off....

Glad I managed to sell you on the whole thing!

:)

Batchelor Jon

So true, we were in Devon at Biker's Rest this weekend and a guy turned for a week's hols with his family

He had a SSDT 100 years Polo shirt on and rode it, he competed at the highest levels but chatted to us for 2 hours and helped us out with tips on technique

A lovely sport

So true, we were in Devon at Biker's Rest this weekend and a guy turned for a week's hols with his family

He had a SSDT 100 years Polo shirt on and rode it, he competed at the highest levels but chatted to us for 2 hours and helped us out with tips on technique

A lovely sport

Damn!

We were thinking of going down (across!) there this last weekend, but apparently the weather forecast was pants.... Bet it was lovely?

What's the place like, keep getting told it's fantastic.....?

Do they allow camping there?

Sorry Rian.... don't mean to hijack, you never know, we just drag you down there.....

:green gri

Jon

Back
Top Bottom