PDA

View Full Version : Route Planners

czwotzit
01-08-11, 19:10
Just a general question - I use Mapsource and just recently 'Tyre' as recommended in another thread to plan routes. But thre is another route planner that is compatible with Garmin (possibly with TomTom) and thats 'On Route'

Does anyone have experience of this planner? and if so what do they think One minus point is that you pay for it :blast

Andre

Bob Jeffries
01-08-11, 20:11
I have it, and you can have it half price if you want it BUT, it's not worth bothering with. The idea is good but it has a poor following in the UK and all the potential benefits over mapsource are of no use - it works, but so does mapsource :)

JanAP
09-12-12, 18:32
Allow me to introduce www.tourstart.org, as this is a free route planner on which you can also find events and bike clubs.
The idea about Tourstart is the web based functions, so it is available when you have internet connection, and all routes can be shared between Garmin, TomTom and Navigon, and you can get gpx data also.
It is essential to focus on that all motorcyclists share knowledge about the best motorcycle tours and without limitations on GPS manufacture of any motorcycle brand.
Tourstart is dedicated to fulfill the demands of motorcyclists - and it is free - but in advance we expect users to tell us what is good and what can be improved.

yamonda1
10-12-12, 06:56
Allow me to introduce www.tourstart.org, as this is a free route planner on which you can also find events and bike clubs.
The idea about Tourstart is the web based functions, so it is available when you have internet connection, and all routes can be shared between Garmin, TomTom and Navigon, and you can get gpx data also.
It is essential to focus on that all motorcyclists share knowledge about the best motorcycle tours and without limitations on GPS manufacture of any motorcycle brand.
Tourstart is dedicated to fulfill the demands of motorcyclists - and it is free - but in advance we expect users to tell us what is good and what can be improved.

registered .. thanks for the link :thumb2