Spain this September

bikenav

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Solo at the moment thinking about round/thru Spain?Portugal trip of about 2 weeks this sep.No planned route but generally looking for nice roads,scenery round coast and mountains etc.Possibly starting in France and definitly ending thru Pyrenes and then santander.Mixture of camping, free and site and budget possibly some hostels.Mileage of about 150 to 300 miles a day plenty of small roads consider some very easy trails smooth tyres but all tar is fine.Riding 12gs not fast but like a play now and then.I am experienced Euro traveller bloke(43) based in S.wales easy going but not a big drinker or party animal prefer rural to urban. Anybody interested in this or something similar?
Bikenav

I'll be leaving Provence on the 29th September for a blast around Spain & Portugal, then homeward bound on the Santander-Portsmouth ferry 17th October.
I usually do cheap B&B and hostals, but can chuck the camping stuff on board.
Those dates any good? :nenau

sorry Purplerobbie and Ballistic my dates still not sorted yet but hopefull to be done by friday. A rough route idea is comeing to my mind now, Santander-Picos-galicia-down the Atlantic coast into Portugal turning E before lisbon back to Spain thru Sierra's north of Madrid N.E to Catalonia and Med then Andorra Pyrenees Santander and home. A ferry to Normandy or Roscoff to start for a bit of France on the way is possible also.

Sounds like a great plan! I have 3 weeks off in September but I don't reckon the trouble n strife would put up with it as I'm already doing The Ypres/Somme and Normandy stuff for a week in October! :thumb

Could you give us a ride report mate when you've done it? Could be a future trip for me I reckon.

Jona

:beerjug:

sorry Purplerobbie and Ballistic my dates still not sorted yet but hopefull to be done by friday. A rough route idea is comeing to my mind now, Santander-Picos-galicia-down the Atlantic coast into Portugal turning E before lisbon back to Spain thru Sierra's north of Madrid N.E to Catalonia and Med then Andorra Pyrenees Santander and home. A ferry to Normandy or Roscoff to start for a bit of France on the way is possible also.

That's exactly my route... except the other way round :D

Dates for me quite free now from 3rd Sep to end of Sep. Sorry Ballistic seems we cannot tie up, it is important for me to go anticlockwise. Jona- I've done alot round Normandy myself, on the Somme last year and Ypres last month, know of a good b+b 10mins from Menin Gate.

Back
Top Bottom