Std / Replacement Exhausts, Y-Pieces

Roge

Reaction score
Got caught in the North of Scotland during the fuel dispute a whille back, on a carbed Blackbird I was able to use leaded fuel to get to the ferry port to get back to Preston via Belfast and Heysham and Guiness. The GS 1150 has a cat so that option does not exist so does anyone have experience of:-

a) Fitting a Y piece from Remus or Sebering and keeping the standard end Can?

b) Changing the lot to get rid of the Cat?

c) If a road legal can is fitted without the intermediate silencer (keep the magic BS/EU mark) how does it sound and perform? I am well aware to some of the more stric EU nations refusing entry to bikes without EU or BS end cans

d) Is re chipping necessary?

c) Does a K&N Filter help?

Thanks in advance

Roger

My eyes are dim I cannot see...

Dearest Roger,

This site is awash with the answers to all but bullet c). Why not read them first, digest the information and then ask an informed question?

I am well aware to some of the more stric EU nations refusing entry to bikes without EU or BS end cans

Roger
What eu nations?
Anyone got a standard can for sale :(

Gates

Y-piece

Roger,

I have a Sebring Y-piece fitted to my 1150GS with the standard end-can and it works just fine. The midrange is much improved, as is the fuel consumption. It sounds more meaty as well but not too loud. I haven't changed anything else (chip, filter etc).
In fact, if you are interested I have a spare sebring Y-piece which is brand new and unused.

Y-Piece

Eyup Pauly - how much do you want for the Y-Piece? If you're not too far away, I could collect this weekend - where in 'Southern England' are you?

Like Pauly

Iv'e done the same, fitted the Y piece and kept the original can, its much better in the mid range.
Originally I removed the Cat code plug, but iv'e now replaced it and the MPG is improved.
I spoke to the engineers at Rainbow about this and they said not to remove the Cat Code plug UNLESS you change the whole lot and fit a bb power chip which will take over the fuel mapping when the code plug is removed.
Also they reckoned a K&N filter does help the engine to breathe even better, their proffesional opinion is remove the cat and fit a Y piece, also fit a K&N filter.

When you fit the Y piece make sure you use some exhaust sealant paste on the joints.

For more improvement change the whole exhaust system, air filter and fit a chip.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom