PDA

View Full Version : Chads farm today.

Grizz
14-08-11, 19:54
We had a trial at Chads farm today.

The routes were all definitely ramped up for difficulty levels.

On the first section we did.... section 8 , because there were so many people, I did Yellow AND cleared it, then I did the red, which was a lot more complex.... and managed to fall off good and propper, smacking my knee and landing on my side.... below my hip, but above my thigh (no idea what that area is called) and by the time the day waqs over 5 hrs later it was quite sensitive.

The rest of the day was a stormer, and at one point, Chris, who we ride with sometimes, saw what I was doing, after I had invited him to do a 3foot tree stump uphill, and he refused. He commented to Jon and Pete that I seemed to have progressed a lot since the trial at Pett about 4 weeks ago.

Pete and Jon have done so much to increase my confidence,and Jon often calls me a "pussy" which gets me to do mad stuff.

All in all, another great day out on the bike, it felt sharper after the service we gave it last week.

lebowski
14-08-11, 22:08
Mate.... you're even typing tired!

You're doing very well, coming on leaps and bounds... just try to double blip some of those leaps though...

Biggest thing for me today was the old chestnut about not attracting new riders to the sport...

Baffles me why no one bothers to put on a total beginners day and advertise the hell out of it at bike shops, cafes etc.... I'm sure there are plenty of folk in similar situations to ours, as this forum has proved.

It's not easy to start.... info is hard to come by, buying a decent bike is a task and even finding when and where to ride isn't easy!

Anyway, rest those ageing bones Potty!

Hey.....look!

:pirate:

pmsl

Jon

Grizz
14-08-11, 22:18
Mate.... you're even typing tired!

You're doing very well, coming on leaps and bounds... just try to double blip some of those leaps though...

Biggest thing for me today was the old chestnut about not attracting new riders to the sport...

Baffles me why no one bothers to put on a total beginners day and advertise the hell out of it at bike shops, cafes etc.... I'm sure there are plenty of folk in similar situations to ours, as this forum has proved.

It's not easy to start.... info is hard to come by, buying a decent bike is a task and even finding when and where to ride isn't easy!

Anyway, rest those ageing bones Potty!

Hey.....look!

pmsl

Jon

Your little black book is filling fast Me Harty

It really is a pity that the people with either the money, or the goods to sell, do not see that there is no new guard to take over from the old guard.

That said, I am off to bed now, as my old bones are creaking tonight.

Chat in the new week.