clutch master cylinder problem

neptune

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem...

I've owned a ktm 950adv for a couple of weeks and after reading up on here about the clutch slave/oil jett issues i decided to give them a service as the clutch was a little draggy and finding nuetral was a pain..., replaced the o ring in the slave and ultra soniced the oil ret...reinstalled and bled up the system and all was ok , not amazing but better so i decided to re bleed the system to get a bit more pressure in it.....while doing so the lever lost all feel and went slack, further investigation showed the slave piston had jammed, so i replaced this again and tested the action by hand before refitting.

The problem arose when trying to charge the system again, the syringe just met with pressure and wouldn't fill the resevoir...i stripped the master cylinder piston which again SEEMED to be ok but this led to the discovery the system would charge up to the piston but won't pass it to fill the resevoir....also if you fill the resevoir it wont pump through to the slave but will pump anything in the hydraulic line on the other side of the resevoir if you open the bleed valve?

Has anyone encountered this before, just putting out the feelers for ideas before ordering the rebuild kit for the master cylinder as this seems to be the obvious fault, also where can these be obtained, anyone on the forum purchased one recently?

I've put this out on adv rider and ukktm also, but there's a lot of knowledge on this site so thought i'd post here too

Thanks all , Jez

Back
Top Bottom