serbia - green card - carol nash YES

More info

According to the people who run the green card thing for everybody, Serbia will be the same status as Croatia ect from January ? So all UK insurance will include at no extra cost green card insurance. Last time I asked Carol Nash they wanted £30 a month extra for a Serbian Green card ?

hi
I'm with Carol Nash but having spoken to them today they want to know the exact dates when entering and leaving the country which I have no idea as its a random sort of journey, can anyone offer help?
Al

green card

tell them a week before you might need it until a week after ? on the border they just look that you have it not that it starts on the date you enter the country. If you need anything when you are here drop me a line.

What's Serbia like for riding through? I thought I might come back that way on my way home from a Romania / Bulgaria trip next year.

The land of the free!

Well I am biased but if you do ride through please allow a few days for me to show you some of the sites. if you have only the time to ride across its like many other countries highway and fuel stations. Top part is mainly flat btm half is not.

Yea baby!

Well according the the woman at the UK department that runs the green card scheme from the 1 st of Jan 2012 no green cards are required for Serbia as they have joined the EU insurance gang. I have called the Serbian department and they have said the same.
So any one passing through drop me a message I have accomadation, workshop, camping and safe bike parking just off the main highway through Serbia, the E75.

So, is it right to assume it's possible to travel from the UK to Turkey without needing a Green Card except for Turkey itself?

Dave, your inbox in full....can't reply, but will be stopping off on the way.

Just read this post and it is completly at odds with the information I got from Carole Nash today. They told me I would need a green card for Serbia (and Montenegro) and that Aviva (my insurer) does not cover these countries......regardless of any signed agreements. Tries alternatives and nobody except Groupama would cover these countries......although Groupama will not cover me at home so that f*$ks that idea up.

Advice was buy 3rd party only insurance at the boarder and carry a big chain.

Just read this post and it is completly at odds with the information I got from Carole Nash today. They told me I would need a green card for Serbia (and Montenegro) and that Aviva (my insurer) does not cover these countries......regardless of any signed agreements. Tries alternatives and nobody except Groupama would cover these countries......although Groupama will not cover me at home so that f*$ks that idea up.

Advice was buy 3rd party only insurance at the boarder and carry a big chain.

I'm heading that way in a couple of weeks and have insurance green card for Bosnia and Montenegro through AXA ins, at no extra cost.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom