I can only find one fault with this bike

Haggerstoner

What a great bike. I won't repeat all that has been said before but have to say that I can't believe how such a tall bike with skinny tyres can be so balanced - it feels that you could come to a complete standstill and still be sat upright on it. It also seems to corner by itself, amazing I didn't think it would feel so different. (previously rode R1150R and 650GS before that). FIrst service due imminently so looking forward to giving it a blast.

My only complaint is wind noise. I've tried every combination of seat and screen height but just cannot escape the din. I'm 6ft and wear an Arai Quantum F (which is a very comfortable helmet but is prone to a bit of noise). Earplugs seem an absolute necessity now.

Jon.

aah... Arai

Masters of Noise

(I know what brand my next helmet WON'T be - yes they are great, handmade, blah blah... but WAY too noisy -on all bikes)

Yes it is noisy. I've been trying to get that sorted out but it's rather tricky. Probably the only thing to do is get a larger screen on it (plus some extra adjustability :D ).

You should really wear earplugs anyway though otherwise you'll get tinnitus and regret it in future years.

Haggerstoner said:
What a great bike. I won't repeat all that has been said before but have to say that I can't believe how such a tall bike with skinny tyres can be so balanced - it feels that you could come to a complete standstill and still be sat upright on it. It also seems to corner by itself, amazing I didn't think it would feel so different. (previously rode R1150R and 650GS before that). FIrst service due imminently so looking forward to giving it a blast.

My only complaint is wind noise. I've tried every combination of seat and screen height but just cannot escape the din. I'm 6ft and wear an Arai Quantum F (which is a very comfortable helmet but is prone to a bit of noise). Earplugs seem an absolute necessity now.

Jon.

as NLS says Arai make noisy lids. great in every other respect, but not noise protection. As I expect you were using the same helmet before you tried the gs then its is probably something to do with the bike. I expect it is exactly the same problem as with the 1150gs, the screen itself and Tobers has the solution.

He seems to have had an attack of shyness:

http://www.stopthebuffeting.com/

do a search he if you want opinions or even go to www.advrider.om

You should wear earplugs on a regular basis anyway in my opinion.

Also, I can recommend that you fit the winglets, as detailed in the sticky thread up above.

It is not such a big job, and, for me at least, has made a massive difference.

Oh, and buy a Schuberth.

Haggerstoner, I agree, its a great bike. And like you the only fault I find is the noise. I have tried many things, had the screen on every setting possible. Finally bought a Laminar Lip from the US, helps a little.

By FAR the best niose eliminator is good earplugs, if you can affort custom one all the better. I use 3M, as no customs one out here. Also a good noise redusing helmet helps a lot, I recently got a Schuberth S1, but it still needs the ear plugs.

Noisy, yeah, but can you expect much from something as aerodynamic as a garden shed. Wind noise and turbulence are an unfortunate part of ownership, a Hayabusa it is not.

It's an 04 bike. If Hagger's still got the bike I'll bet he's found a few more faults.:augie

Haggerstoner, I agree, its a great bike. And like you the only fault I find is the noise. I have tried many things, had the screen on every setting possible. Finally bought a Laminar Lip from the US, helps a little.

By FAR the best niose eliminator is good earplugs, if you can affort custom one all the better. I use 3M, as no customs one out here. Also a good noise redusing helmet helps a lot, I recently got a Schuberth S1, but it still needs the ear plugs.

Same here. have Schuberth C2 and Ultimate Ear Monitors. Bought the Schuberth as my BMW one was 5 years old ,looked like much more, and was not fitting very well anymore. Thought the Schuberth would allow to drive w/o earplugs - no way. The custom made ultimate ears are great - and great stereo even at illegal speeds - but do need some getting used to as they do block out a lot of outside noise. I have a diy custom 940mm high saddle and cut down screen as well (05 1200GS)

Back
Top Bottom