North England

B4ndit

Reaction score
Anyone got a good set of roads for the North of England?

Considering the North sometime in the New Year with a couple of mates over a long weekend. Want to do a couple of hundred miles per day and just wondered if any routes could be recomended.

Anyone got a good set of roads for the North of England?

Considering the North sometime in the New Year with a couple of mates over a long weekend. Want to do a couple of hundred miles per day and just wondered if any routes could be recomended.

Nope....................nothing to see up here, move along now:D

Seriously you'll have to narrow it down a bit:blast

Derbyshire Peak District?

Yorkshire Dales?

North Yorks Moors?

Northumberland?

Scottish Borders?

Lake District?

Dumfries and Galloway?

Upper Teesdale?

It's a flipping big part of the UK:D:beerjug:

Seriously if the last two winters are anything to go by a bike was near as dammit useless from late November until early March in rural Northumberland

Seriously if the last two winters are anything to go by a bike was near as dammit useless from late November until early March in rural Northumberland

Can't go on for ever. But I was considering after the New Year. Poss march or April. Its still not grim up North then is it?

Or should we detour to Scandinavia?

Yup ... with JB on this, you need to narrow it down a bit :eek:

Like north of where :nenau

Give us some dates, maybe places, and maybe JB and myself could meet up with ya :eek:

:beerjug:

Oh ... by the way JB you forgot the Yorkshire Wolds!

Can't go on for ever. But I was considering after the New Year. Poss march or April. Its still not grim up North then is it?

Or should we detour to Scandinavia?

Even down here in the South of the North... March/April you may be lucky but can't be guaranteed.

Even down here in the South of the North... March/April you may be lucky but can't be guaranteed.

Lets get this right rce, we're not down here in the South of the North, but up here in the South of the North ... lets keep some differentials between us up here in the north from them southern Jessies please ;)

:beerjug:

Well lets put it this way.

I am a Northerner but live in the South. I have also lived in Scotland for a few years and still work up there infrequently.

It really isn't that big an area so looking at 300 miles per day and staying in between Darlington and Ben nevis. Where are the good roads for a weekend.

If you can throw them at me then I can build a route.

For me and its going back some time (30 years) the A66 is good, as is A68, A82,A84,A85 and A86. That will give us a start. But out side that some local knowlwedge would be good.

I am in Scotland next week so can check out some recomendations.

Along with you all I think France is better for a long weekend but my mates don't think so. I will just pack an extra warm sleeping bag.

Back
Top Bottom