Ebay 50/55w Canbus HID

ebbo

Reaction score
I’d been looking for some suitable HID’s to try on my 1200RT for some while, what had always put me off was the possibility of buying a kit that was incompatible with the bikes Canbus system, the problem being the lights may not light reliably or light, but show a lamp out warning on the dash.

Eventually I came across these on Ebay listed as Canbus HID kit, no error… That sounded just what I wanted so ordered a set (H7 4300k) to try them out.

I fitted them in a couple of hours and have tried them maybe a dozen times since, they both spark up the instant the engine fires with no lampF / lamp out failures so far and the light output is really good (but they don’t help the poor dip beam pattern one bit LOL).

Note, these are not slimline ballasts, but that’s fine on the RT as they are hidden inside the cockpit, anyway, they seem to work just fine.

Usual disclaimers, I accept no responsibility... dealer has nothing to do with me... I’m just a happy customer… :blagblah

Attachments

• Winsun box.jpg
    Winsun box.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 257
  • in the box.jpg
    in the box.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 303
  • ballast fitted.jpg
    ballast fitted.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 267
  • on the bike.jpg
    on the bike.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 265
I fitted a similar set a few years ago, they are still running strong. They flash on and off for a microsecond,when I key on every time, this is the bulb self test. No blown bulb indication too.

I thought this may affect the MOT but it has sailed through twice now.

Nice one:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom