chrome tat......

twizzle

Devil may care...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
chrome tat......

now i've been trawling the web for a week now and seem to feel the following is true!!.....

US Harley Web sites sell proper usable stuff that i need for my little "project"... so, i've ordered the 2" forward brackets for my boards from www.wildbillscycles.com who to be fair have been great to deal with... $125 delivered and on their way!.... they have suggested extended brake and shift controls +2" from "bubbas brakes" or V-Twin Manufacturing.... i've found them in the US at around $40 and $70 respectively + Int Shipping ( Then Duty etc etc)....

Now i think, these things must be availible in the UK...... but every web site i vist sells chrome tat, bling and feckin useless tassles and shit!..... who can recommend me a proper supplier of hardware in the uk?? or... do i continue shopping stateside!... come on i'm sure its out there.....

Just watch out for Customs duty... but generally I'd buy stuff from the USA because of the choice available, and it's usually cheaper.

The UK market gets what the average UK HD rider thinks they want...

But the real solution, is not to buy tat, unless (as you're doing) it's for a good reason :thumb2 :beerjug:

Btw, there are some good German parts & accs shops too, don't forget them...

Just found this

And this

And maybe this

There are plenty of independant HD mechanics and operators around the country that can source, supply and fit what you want. Try dropping in for a chat and a coffee, they'll be fine provided you aren't a tyre kicker :cool:

There are plenty of independant HD mechanics and operators around the country that can source, supply and fit what you want. Try dropping in for a chat and a coffee, they'll be fine provided you aren't a tyre kicker :cool:

I've just located an independent in Portsmouth Called "Dallas Wright" back street indie seems to know his stuff and has all the parts books etc!

Tall guys shouldn't ride glides was the response!!.... like all the indies i use fairly straight talking!!! ... but he is off looking to see if the +2" shifter and Brake pedal are availible through Uk disties

Just watch out for Customs duty... but generally I'd buy stuff from the USA because of the choice available, and it's usually cheaper.

The UK market gets what the average UK HD rider thinks they want...

But the real solution, is not to buy tat, unless (as you're doing) it's for a good reason :thumb2 :beerjug:

Btw, there are some good German parts & accs shops too, don't forget them...

Just found this

And this

And maybe this

Thanks David, Duty is a pain.. but hay ho... i've bought stuff from US sites before so its a known issue.... i could only find these brackets in the US so no choice... as for the Shifter and Brake Pedal,.... i've been trying to source UK...... but if not then i'll order via the US ...

BTW what do you use to lift your bike.... over the winter i want to do some major servicing and need a lift..... seems the only way is a jack style lift that fits under lower frame tubes/rear of transmission?? i've seen them on ebay for around £80 so not too bad i guess!!

True... it's good if you can find one who's on your wavelength.

Le Rock in Mansfield are excellent, but nowhere near twizzle...

Twizzle...Just a thought to another solution. How about a seat that lets you sit further back? I have a Corbin that sits you a good 2" further back than standard. Very comfy over distance as well. I appreciate though that this may be no cheaper than the footpegs etc. option. I think there is a lot of variation with different seats on the position. Mustang seats I think push you further forward.
Bike lifts... Here's what I use and can thoroughly recommend. Holds it very securely and can be operated on your own. Although it is a bit of a bum clencher the first couple of times you use it.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/020112004?da=1&TC=RV-020112004

Hope this is of some help...Pete

Twizzle...Just a thought to another solution. How about a seat that lets you sit further back? I have a Corbin that sits you a good 2" further back than standard. Very comfy over distance as well. I appreciate though that this may be no cheaper than the footpegs etc. option. I think there is a lot of variation with different seats on the position. Mustang seats I think push you further forward.
Bike lifts... Here's what I use and can thoroughly recommend. Holds it very securely and can be operated on your own. Although it is a bit of a bum clencher the first couple of times you use it.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/020112004?da=1&TC=RV-020112004

Hope this is of some help...Pete

Thanks Pete, i have to do the seat as well..... 2" on the seat and 2" on the boards should be enough....as for the lift i'll have a quick look thanks!

One more thing, just a word of warning. If you buy one of these lifts be aware the lever that drops the bike back to terra firmer is a little enthusiastic and you have to be gentle with it. Otherwise the first time you use it you watch in shock as your very expensive 500lb pride and joy comes hurtling earthbound at a rate of knots that you wouldn't think possible.
It leaves you feeling a little puckered up I can tell you!

I've got one of those lifts, in greeny blue, only used a few times, as I have a proper bike ramp as well...

Where down south are you ??? I'm sw of Exeter...

Any use to you ? £40....

Cos I ain't gonna fecking post it !!!!

I've got one of those lifts, in greeny blue, only used a few times, as I have a proper bike ramp as well...

Where down south are you ??? I'm sw of Exeter...

Any use to you ? £40....

Cos I ain't gonna fecking post it !!!!

Proff, great i'll have it........ £40 sold!!..... I'll PM ref collection it may be a little while as i'll look to tie it in with a trip to Devon... i'm in Hampshire near Portsmouth so not too bad as long as SW of Exeter isn't Truro!

sussed it now..... these harley things are strange... so i've found two indies near me and two custom shops.... they have the parts books and can get me almost anything i want!! joe customs do the VTwin manufacturing stuff as well..... we are off for the winter project!... suppliers located!

sussed it now..... these harley things are strange... so i've found two indies near me and two custom shops.... they have the parts books and can get me almost anything i want!! joe customs do the VTwin manufacturing stuff as well..... we are off for the winter project!... suppliers located!

Excellent!

Beginning of a great Adventure :D

Back
Top Bottom