PDA

View Full Version : CHROME EYE ; WARNING

jackass dave
04-10-11, 18:35
just like to relate to you an incident that happened to me ,and could happen to you ,if you have a shiny bike (david nimrod one step back ).
on travelling towards epping the other day ,the sun was low ,at a wild guess 37 degrees.
when suddenly a shaft of sunlight ,just like the pink floyd cover ,shot through the trees , hit the very very ,shiny brake master cylinder, and shot into my eye ,resulting in CHROME EYE, and myself nearly riding into a rather buxom lady on a bicycle .
i managed to recover and continue my ride by squinting slightly to one side .
the morale is DECHROME OR RIDE IN SUNGLASSES
by for now ...dave

Melch
04-10-11, 19:02
Why the hell were you not wearing sunglasses anyway? You were on a Harley dammit! Everyone thinks I'm trying to look cool wearing sunglasses whatever the conditions. I'm not...I'm embarassed!

jackass dave
04-10-11, 19:32
simple ;to difficult to see myself in the mirror with glasses on

Mutley
04-10-11, 19:35
just like to relate to you an incident that happened to me ,and could happen to you ,if you have a shiny bike (david nimrod one step back ).
on travelling towards epping the other day ,the sun was low ,at a wild guess 37 degrees.
when suddenly a shaft of sunlight ,just like the pink floyd cover ,shot through the trees , hit the very very ,shiny brake master cylinder, and shot into my eye ,resulting in CHROME EYE, and myself nearly riding into a rather buxom lady on a bicycle .
i managed to recover and continue my ride by squinting slightly to one side .
the morale is DECHROME OR RIDE IN SUNGLASSES
by for now ...dave

I think you may be on the wrong side of dudeness to ride a Harley :cool

jackass dave
04-10-11, 19:45
what if i get some chaps

David Nimrod
04-10-11, 19:46
what if i get some chaps

They'd go well with the Vajazzle :D

Mutley
04-10-11, 19:46
what if i get some chaps

Go for it, take a picture of you wearing them and post it on here. We could have a poll as to which side of dudeness you are on and whether it's the right one for Harley riding :D

Melch
04-10-11, 19:52
Go for it, take a picture of you wearing them and post it on here. We could have a poll as to which side of dudeness you are on and whether it's the right one for Harley riding :D

For the love of God please remember to put troos on underneath though!

David Nimrod
04-10-11, 20:36
For the love of God please remember to put troos on underneath though!

I can't see that happening, he'll be inspired by that photo of Steptoe :augie

jackass dave
04-10-11, 20:37
here you go are these chaps ok190994

Steptoe
04-10-11, 21:26
You nonces and your pathetic attempts at "chapness" - copy and pasting an image from google doesn't count. - :ymca
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8351/chaps7xyl.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chaps7xyl.jpg)[/QUOTE]

Melch
04-10-11, 21:52
Yep....shuffles around slightly uncomfortably whilst looking at feet muttering "Aint gonna beat that in a hurry!"

David Nimrod
04-10-11, 21:54
Yep....shuffles around slightly uncomfortably whilst looking at feet muttering "Aint gonna beat that in a hurry!"

I don't know anybody that could... :clap :D

daveg
04-10-11, 22:46
Er, this is an actual photo, actually taken by me at an actual HOG rally...in St Tropez....actually

See, you don't even have to have chaps:eek:

jackass dave
05-10-11, 06:36
so as i said ,you can see what happens when you get CHROME EYE,

BEWARE CHROME EYE

twizzle
05-10-11, 09:11
My chrome is either rusty or covered in oil so not a problem for me!!

David Nimrod
05-10-11, 09:14
My chrome is either rusty or covered in oil so not a problem for me!!

if it's covered in oil, it'll not go rusty :thumb2

KAYCEE
05-10-11, 11:04
if it's covered in oil, it'll not go rusty

Ah, but what grade of oil should it be covered in???

David Nimrod
05-10-11, 12:17
Ah, but what grade of oil should it be covered in???

Calling the 1200 Section... come in please :blast :D

:hide