Ultra Glide Classic

why would you want to remove them, i love mine ,sure there a bit side wind windy ,but 90% of the time there brilliant , i did remove my tour pack just for asthetics ,it looks better without , but its so usefull .
i couldnt do without my top box on the rt ,which really is what it is ..
ive ridden both ,as im sure you have ,the road king fairing is no better for aerodynamics ( as if it raelly matters on a harley ,its a tractor).
like all things harley ,there allways such a personel thing .
i have a electra glide ultra classic ,i absolutley love it to bits ,but its what you like .

I hear removing the batwing is a bugger of a job as the loom terminates in there... It would be a cut and shut job for the wiring into a new rk style nacelle.... I followed a post on a us site I'll find it and post it up...general view was if you want a road king do not start with a glide!!

On an Electra Glide all the clocks and the wiring is in the fairing. On a Road King the clocks and wiring are between the tanks. The conversion to a RK spec will be surprisingly expensive I'd guess :eek

The Tour Pack is a big plastic boc. There may be a couple of wires to terminate for a high level brake light and the aerial leads attached but should be straight forward. The trouble with Harleys is that the bits and bobs you'll need to make it all neat and tidy normally cost a fortune :eek:

If you don't like Batwings then best not to buy a bike with one on :blast

if you want to ride one with a bat wing ,if your near me drop in ,you can go for a spin on mine ..dave

:eek: Now thats an offer!

Thanks Dave but youre miles away mate!

What I really want is a Road King, I was just exploring options really. That Ultra is a cheap bike if you can easily turn it into a Road King but its clearly a non starter.

I am trying to find a RK in my price/age bracket but havn't seen one, yet! I have put the RT on ebay so we'll see how that goes. If it sells then i'll have about 9k to spend so that will open up my options a bit. If the RT dont sell then i'm back to a budget of about 4k, which wont buy me the bike i want :tears:tears:tears

Steve.

If you've got £9k to spend then wait for February and you'll pick up a complete bargain :cool

If you've got £9k to spend then wait for February and you'll pick up a complete bargain :cool

Tell me more. I'll be looking to spend that sort of money...as long as it's not your strange shovelhead thingy :D

Tell me more. I'll be looking to spend that sort of money...as long as it's not your strange shovelhead thingy :D

There's always a glut of bikes post Xmas, but you have to be quick. Some immaculate RKs last year went for £5-7K but were only on Ebay / Bike Trader for hours not days. :thumb2

This year there will be more people than ever looking to offload expensive unused toys :(

When you've ridden a twin cam for a while you will come to realise that 'Classic' HD's are the really cool bikes :cool

When you've ridden a twin cam for a while you will come to realise that 'Classic' HD's are the really cool bikes :cool

In the dim and distant past (2006) I took a new Superglide for a spin, I thought it was the best Harley I'd ever ridden http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showpost.php?p=684726&postcount=1

Did the Harley thing years ago. I never got on with shovels heads but the Evo's were great bikes

Harleys.jpg

Back
Top Bottom