Oil filter tool,...BMW or Renault?

gavin

If the oil filter tool from BMW does cost approx £40, as suggested in earlier threads, the cheaper option is the Renault version at £24.

I bought one for the 1150 from Rainbow BMW in Rotherham and it was a tenner, that was 18 months ago though, is the 1200 one different??

Jimb said:
I bought one for the 1150 from Rainbow BMW in Rotherham and it was a tenner, that was 18 months ago though, is the 1200 one different??
Yes, it's half the size of the 1150's filter, and it doesn't have 'flats' at the bottom, instead it has 12 indentations, hence it needs a completely different wrench

Jimb said:
Another reason not have a 1200

Are you serious? I mean, are you really serious? :confused:

Is the tool to get the oil-filter off really a reason not to own the bike? :rolleyes: :confused: I don't currently own a oil-filter tool, but when I buy one, I don't really care what it is, as long as it fits my bike. On the Husky I had two steel meshes... is that a reason to own a Husky? I mean, it came off with just standard 10mm socket... :D Surely a good bike.
Anyone with slight bike knowledge knows that chosing a bike based on what and how to remove the oil filter is vital! :eek: Especially on a bike that does 6000 miles (not 300 as the Husky did) per oil change!

I better cancel my order then... "Dear, HOOVE, Sir... I'm going to have to cancel my order. You see, I've been informed that it's got the wrong type of oil filter and thus needs a different tool. You can tell your german plonker engineers that they should have thought of this! 30kgs off and 15bhp more is one thing, but changing the filter... :shoot: ".

AHAHAH.... :D:beerjug:

Joker,

Very good! From my viewpoint, the bike is wonderful and I have used the oil filter tool twice. Paid for itself already.

Cheers.

Oil filter tool is part no. 80 00 10 114 661 and costs £38.78.

Completely different from the 1150GS as the oil filters are changed between the 1150 and the 1200.

NLS

There's always one that bites !!!

Just throw the hook in and like mackerel they jump on.

Back
Top Bottom