Anyone tried painting the rear mudguard?

ducatiparts.110mb

Reaction score
I fancy a colour change from black to either yellow or red.

I have no problem painting the tank and beak but the plastic rear mudguard looks like it wouldn't take the paint too well. Anyone got some experience to pass on regarding special primers or other measures to make sure the paint sticks?

Thanks,
Mark

I've seen aerosols of primer, designed for plastic bumpers, in Halfords. If you're using aerosols, then this may be a good choice.
Why not speak to a car body paint supplier? They would know about what primers are best suited to flexible surfaces, and can often make -up aerosols for you. Of course, they could also supply it in litre tins if you have a spaygun.

As this is in the 1100/1150 section, I'll assume that's the bike we are talking about?

Why not check for a second-hand rear mudguard in the colour of your choice as all bar the Adventure versions have a painted rear mudguard? :nenau

What rear mudguard?

you mean the one that doesn't work. the one that was only added to satisfy some bizarre german requirement.

I have my old one somewhere. free to good home. it is as far as I can see.. completely pointless.

save your money. take it off. BMW do a cute little blanking plate for a couple of quid to cover the fixing points. The fact they actually supply such a part - speaks volumes.

Thanks guys I'll check out the secondahand listings for a yellwo one and also look into plastic primers.

Motobiker - thanks for the offer but we're talking about different things. I want to paint the bit between the tyre and the seat, not the thing around the back of the tyre.

Back
Top Bottom