1200 Seat & screen.. poor fit?

Deleted Member MM

When standard seat set on high position it rub's against both Tank side panels.. marked then both, badly on r/h side (Offside)
Except when set full low screen rests on top of headlight surround, marking both surround & screen.

Anyone else have these problems?

Yes, the staples holding the seat cover is scratching against the side panel. But it doesn´t show (until you put the seat in the lower position :mad: ).

No - haven't had problems with either.

Seat has made no marks on tank and it has been in the high position most of the time (5 months, 5.5k miles).

On mine, the screen comes nowhere near the headlight surround in any position. So it sounds as if they've changed the design (highly unlikely) or yours has got bashed /bent pre delivery.

Paul

when my seat is a the lowest, there's a cap of aprox. 2 cm between tank and seat. at the edges, there are no caps...

the seat it self can also be moved. i have problems with a lot of vibrations coming from the seat. very annoying! the bike itself has only 200 kms (one ride). a lot of 12gs at intermot had also a poor seat fitted...

and... my rear light is not fitted straight! i think the one who assembled my 12gs was drunk

there's a cap of aprox. 2 cm between tank and seat

In the lowest setting, it is possible to fit the seat incorrectly. I now use it on the higher setting but used the lowest initially and when I was trying out an Airhawk seat.

I can't remember what was wrong but it was quite easy to incorrectly fit so that there was a big gap between seat and tank. Try refitting it - you should be able to do it without the gap. Might cure the vibration problem as well.

When I get a moment and if my failing brain allows me to remember, I'll see if I can reproduce the symptoms and cure.

Cheers.

Paul

Mike_swe said:
Yes, the staples holding the seat cover is scratching against the side panel. But it doesn´t show (until you put the seat in the lower position :mad: ).
I also had this problem, there are some extra staples under the left hand side of the seat that have made tow small scratches on the tank sides. I told the dealer who has reported it to BMW and will have a look at it when I next call in. New seat and tank side panels are probably going to be needed although the scratches are very small.

Paul Wakefield said:
or yours has got bashed /bent pre delivery.

Screen mounts are handed.. swapped them over problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom