Is the HD museum in Milwalkies worth a visit ?

Jed

Reaction score
Over in Chicago at the moment and it's forecast to piss down on Sunday - has anybody been to the HD museum in Milkwalkies before ? is it worth a trip up ?

i agree but it is a 2 hr journey each way. i'll give it a shot and if i can figure out how to put photies on here will do.

A 2 hr journey? it will take a bit longer when youre here!

Do it man, you know you'll regret it if you don't!

:thumb2

I used to live in Chicago. Great city. Never did the HD museum but the art gallery in Milwaukee is pretty cool. Also if you wanted other things to do (to and from Chicago) the Wal-Mart in Racine is huge (so big that the staff drive around in golf carts). If you like outlet malls, etc. Gurnee Mills worth stopping. The Bass Pro Store is something also worth seeing if you are into outdoor sports, guns and ammo.

It is worth it. If you can get into the engine factory as well that's great as the front drive has row upon row of custom Harley's as all the fellas that work there are proper enthusiasts. Whilst you are in Milwaukee try to get to a club called, I think, "the spies demise" which is set up as a 2nd world war place with separate bars, comedy club, music venues etc. if you are "picked" you get a large cocktail that you will have bother drinking and a souvenir to take away. If you have a bike with you be sure to ride down to he lake shore and be the Fonze for few minutes. The Miller brewery is also worth a visit as is the main museum.

COOL...........

Wow - it was brill. Well worth the 2hr journey (3hrs on the way included a stop at some place flogging RV's - there was one at $500K :eek: )

Anyway - museum is really good. Outside loads of bizzies (police - for none scourers) with their bikes - had photo taken with them but got admit half of them looked straight out of Village People - not seen a tash like that since Magnum P.I - they were happy for me to sit on their bikes and have photos taken.

Inside top floor went in chronological order starting at about 1908 right up to modern day, there was another bit which did the same thing with engines - even for a none mechanic it was pretty impressive.

Downstairs loads custom bikes including the ones from Easy Rider, Elvis's bike, Evil Knievil etc

They encouraged photos and had a display with about 15 bikes which you could sit on and a rather tasty bird (leather chaps :drool ) offering to take your picture.

Shop was a mix of middle aged guys with leather chaps (not sure about that), a bunch of chinese lads having a heated discussion about one of the new bikes with a bunch of blacks lads - not to sound too old fashioned it was good to see people from so different backgrounds getting on over a common interest.

Really impressive place - not naff (which some places like this are), people really really friendly.

If i figure out how to upload a bunch of photies i'll stick them on here (if somebody know the easiest way to do this let me know).

Well worth the visit - just wished i would have rented a Harley to ride there - but maybe next time.

Back
Top Bottom