Changing oil filter

jury

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently bought G450X and today I tried to change oil+filter. I didn't have any problems with oil itself (2 screws) but I couldn't get to the oil filter. Can anyone tell me if I can use a normal wrench or some special one? I almost destroyed the screw while trying but it didn't want to move

Moost peolpe put the oilfiler cap way TOO STRONG back. and then after 10 hours its almost impossible to get it off again. Try with a Air wrench.
Ik orderd aTouratech oilfilter cap wich is much easier to get lose with the special key(wich also is used for the swing arm).
If you get it out, just screw ik back handstrong(6-8 nm) wich more then enough

Thanks Brommer. Somehow I managed to take it off but I also ordered the orange cap from Touratech (and the tool).

PS: i see you live in Poland, I loved the Breslau rally this year, the g450x is a pefect weapon of choice, bevause of the FI and the airfilter wich is high!. There were the yamaha and ktm had to been lifted the g450x just drove through the water.
I heard about the transghotica rally also in Poland, that sounds like a nioce ride to!

True, true, few nice rallies around.

Generally I live in Warsaw so I don't have too many intersting places to ride near. I think of buying twinduro tires to be able to get somewehere (hard terrain) with the road but I'm still wondering if it makes sense - it won't be the same with these tires...

Back
Top Bottom