what do i need here ?

(RIP) Kaister

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've taken off the 20lb BBQ grill that maquerades as some sort of Rack .

Trouble it its connecting half the rear end to the frame.

If i source a u shaped thingy that joins the rear frame tubes up , does it have the brackety thing on to join to the strips up either side of the guard ?

IMG_0486-1.JPG

IMG_0488-1.JPG

I've also noticed the previous clown has fitted lowering brackets to the rear shocks. This explains why i kept dragging the frame around corners :)

Trouble is - the bracket forms part of the rear belt adjuster plate - surely its not std ??

My glide is stripped back and the "U Shaped" thingy does bring all the elements together at the back end... it also includes the number plate hanger.......at lunch i'll try and get some photies for you.... although i still have my panniers on!....so may not be clear

my memory is fcked, thats for sure

i remember the u-brkt - just forgot about the details :D

theres a few on ebay - i'll get one sent over to me. :thumb

The standard one looks like this:-
i-b4MsnMM-M.jpg

i-tzm5vjb-M.jpg

I keep scanning eBay here but can't find any :blast

I was thinking of getting one of these, part 15668 here looks cool as it angles the plate forward and follows the line of the bike more:-
28da1521-e534-43c7-8cb7-3c9ea24846b4.jpg

so if you get one of these - couldn't you just use those rubber P clip thingy's to angle the plate round a bit ?

$(KGrHqEOKnIE5t!Gmc1hBOlPlSDOSw~~60_12.JPG

3859.jpg

or is that just 'too' pikey :)

[QUOTEI was thinking of getting one of these, part 15668 here looks cool as it angles the plate forward and follows the line of the bike more:-
28da1521-e534-43c7-8cb7-3c9ea24846b4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

i have one of these the number plate is in "line" with the rear slope of the panniers... looks great... also i've just been out to have a closer look and i to have the lowering brackets.....:blast...although it looks kinda good! i still grind out on the local roundabouts!

so if you get one of these - couldn't you just use those rubber P clip thingy's to angle the plate round a bit ?

3859.jpg

or is that just 'too' pikey :)
But.... but.... that's too simple.... yeah I guess they would do the job :thumb2

i have one of these the number plate is in "line" with the rear slope of the panniers... looks great...
Was it fitted when you brought her or did you source it?

Back
Top Bottom