UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score

Rocket launcher......now you see it

untitled1.jpg

Now you don't

untitled2.jpg

Grrrrrrr......

untitled3.jpg

Shortly after the event I trailered it to the dealer who sold it when it was new. A few days later the chief techie rang me to say he'd taken the CARC off and said all looked good in there, no issues with the UJs etc, no obvious problems :confused:...and then scared the shit out of me by asking if it made the noise in just one or all of the gears 'cos he wondered if it was the gearbox:eek:

Well despite the lack of any oil leak or the tell tale loose wheel when he actually split the bevel box it was just the FD bearing, same part as in a GS:p He said I must have just caught it as it had just started to go and hadn't broken up yet taking out the oil seal with it like they normally do. I was surprised, pleasantly, TBH because of the noise it made .

All is good now thanks Cookie :thumb

Rushy,
That is good news on your bike.Like the look of that new pipe. Be good to run it through the tunnel in the Manifold Valley,the one we went through on Ripley do ride out.:D

Andrew

Bet it sounds lovely :)

Not sure about that little silver tube sticking out the end though, reckon that needs to come out :thumb

Andres

I'm surprised you stopped cuddling it long enough to fit it to your bike :D
I wish I'd taken a photo ;)

Edit...At least take a wire brush to the chicken strips

Last edited:
You don't realise how bad the original looked until you compare with the new one, are you bringing it next tuesday to the pub?

Thanks for the comments guys.:thumb2

Its a very nice pipe and I also like the way the italian flag logo matches the graphics that are on the bikes seat hump and nose cowl . That and the fact that it compliments the carbon hugger well make it look like it should have been there all the time. Will take another picture of the whole bike over the weekend .

Tax is illegally displayed - sort it will you :robe

Love the looks of this bike...and after the bash next Tuesday, it is only a small push to Verns :thumb2 :D

No push necessary It'll be fine, I had a chat with the dealer and he confirmed that I had now replaced all the BMW parts on it so nothing to worry about :D

Bet it sounds lovely :)

Not sure about that little silver tube sticking out the end though, reckon that needs to come out :thumb

Andres

Circlip off baffle should come out, but it didn't seem to want to:eek , will revisit it tomorrow ..:thumb

You don't realise how bad the original looked until you compare with the new one, are you bringing it next tuesday to the pub?

Hopefully Tim, depends whether I come straight from work or not:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom