Remus silencer

shedracer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone got the Remus silencer on the 1200? is it loud?

I dropped me bike the Alps last week:( just got it off the side stand, it was very windy at the top of a pass,lost me balance and over she went:tears end result scratched cylinder head cover and a few dents and scratches on the silencer.

So im after an after market silencer or a standard silencer if anyones got one they want to sell. I dont want anything thats noisey though, so whats the remus like?

Regards Paul

with the db-killer still in i find t produces a bit more db in comparison with the original silincer, but i find that it produces not more db's than the 1150 silincer.

with the db-killer removed i find the sound just awesome... but my neighbours don't and i don't blame them.

my conclusion: with db-killer not worth spending the money, without the db-killer too much noise!

greetings

where is the best (i.e. recommended by members) place to source the Remus for a 1200GS?

Thanks

I'm hoping to have mine by the end of the week :D (can't wait!)

cheers joker, enjoy your bike when it comes.

I`m still interested in peoples opinions on the Remus can and as Russ is asking, where to buy from?

Cheers
Paul

I have had a Remus Revolution (=Sebring Twister) on my 1200GS for the last 8000 km.

To my opinion the sound is the best I have ever heard from a BMW! One nice thing is that the sound is great (but less noisy) also with the DB-killer installed.

I bought it in June from Wunderlich.

Remus full system

I`ve got the Remus Titanium can and down pipes etc on my 1200 and think it`s the best sounding GS i`ve ridden and this is my 4th with various Sebring/Remus systems fitted.Wollaston(main dealer)supplied it for £649 after i`d informed them that SPC were selling them for that aswell.You also gain much improved looks and a lighter bike.Keep the baffle in though as it could just get too loud.:shoot:

Fitzy

I live in Rugby- ish.

Any chance we can meet up so that I can see and hear your exhaust.

I think that you visited Wollaston on the day that I collected my 1200 but I missed speaking to you.

Also, are you the same Fitzy I met at Princetown Year b4 last when you had an ADV?

MCN 22/9

Power outputs (at the rear wheel) for the 1200GS are quoted in this weeks MCN for the Remus system on a dyno.

BMW std = 83.6bhp
BMW down pipes + Remus end can (baffle in) = 82.8bhp
Remus full system (baffle out) = 86.2bhp

I have full Remus with baffle in. So I have to assume somewhere in between std and 86.2 but the power feels more instant than std and the spread of power in the mid range feels to me to be wider. In an e-mail with Performance Parts (the UK Remus importer), they told me that removing the baffle did not make too much difference to power, just sound. With the baffle in - it is loud enough for me!

Cheers

Quentin

Maybe not

The power depends on where you're quoting from. Ie crank or back wheel. A 10% loss rings bells, but that depends of course on the efficiency of the drive to the wheel and shaft is less efficient than chain.

Capsize

Hi Capsize.Yes that was me at Princetown in 2002,the tired one from sharing with a bit of a snorer.Tried e-mailing you but the system has restricted you, but would like to meet up.
PM me or if not i`m at Wollys on 2nd for 1st service on 1200GS from about 9am.

Back
Top Bottom