Is it an age thing...

steve16

Rode it liked it...........................but is it a mid - life crisis (51 yrs).
Time for a change ?????

steve16 said:
Rode it liked it...........................but is it a mid - life crisis (51 yrs).
Time for a change ?????

I would if I was you as it won't be long now until you'll be running people over in the supermarket on your motorised trolly:D Age is not kind;)

I am 42 and I bought my 12GS feeling the same way : "This is the last time of my life I buy a wild 2 wheels vehicle !" :fiddle

How long will we be still be able to ride ? Up to 60 ? 70 ?

my (apparent) age has been on a roller coaster...slowly reducing from ordering the bike at my 50th in February to around 7 when I collected it! Definately 40 something when running it in...now averaging around 30 when I ride it with occaisional 17 year old moments...the constant factor is the big smile...

I'm 31... and I'm sure that some "friends" of mine will get their revenge on me for nagging about the GS since April.... I think they've bought me a pullover, slippers and a pipe... :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :eek:

;) :D :D

Mentally I'm 13... :D

Got mine last week and strugling to keep miles down until 600 check on weds. ~ done 450 and will ride say 250 (Then there's Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues) so bugger 600 miles.

Bike was my 60th bday present although it arrived exactly 3 months after the event!

love the bike so far, to me it's significantly better than my 1150 and the 1100 before that ~ but then I'm proud to classify as an old fart.

I'll be only 29 when I get my GS next year. Don't like slippers, don't like pullovers and only like pipes when I can use my own "blend" :smokeboun :spl1f:

RobC said:
I'll be only 29 when I get my GS next year. Don't like slippers, don't like pullovers and only like pipes when I can use my own "blend" :smokeboun :spl1f:

Damn! Thought I was the youngest owner - I'm already 29.

Your consolation may come in the form of my bank manager. If he won't lend me £10k then I will be 30+ when I get my GS :tears

bonjeroo said:
Damn! Thought I was the youngest owner - I'm already 29.

Old farts! :p:p

I'm 26 and i pick up my 1200GS today :D:D

roll on 3 o clock!

Russ said:

roll on 3 o clock!

Now I'm jealous.... I also want to be 26.... erhm... NO... I'm jealous about you getting your bike... seriously, it's the bike...

I want mine NOW... HOOVE, is it ready yet? :D :D

Russ said:

roll on 3 o clock!

I had a BM when I was 26, as well. Mind, that was before you were born.

Roll on after 3 o'clock, too!

Must be an age thing - I am 46 and this is the 6th bike I've had since the 'mid life crisis' began (SV650, BMW 1200C, 1300Pan European, BMW 1200C (again), Harley 883C - this is by far the best in every way.

Also have a BMW 730d for rainy days/work/long journeys etc. They (BMW) really do make the best - 2 or 4 wheels.

An American view........

I got into bikes when I was 29 or 30. Started with a Honda 650XL,then went to BMW road bikes. Still have a cherry 1983 R65. Went trhough a series of HD's and BMW K bikes too.

When I bought the R1200GS at 53 years old I wondered the same thing. But MY rationale is that I want to visit my neighbors up to the North; British Columbia, North West Territory, the Yukon and Alaska.

Couldn't think of a sweeter bike to use for the trip. PLUS..... what 53 year old bike nut doesn't NEED a 100 hp dirt bike??? I wouldn't worry about it, just enjoy the ride.

FN in MT

Got my 1200 for my 68th birthday. Just returned from Nova Scotia and intend to ride back to alaska next summer. This is how to stay young!:beerjug:

Ok oK

You win.......................ordered 1200 yesterday and it should arrive end of the week, although must admit I will be sad to see the 1150 go when its sold.

Cheers for the input though......

Steve

Back
Top Bottom