Hey Ho - The new view from my office

Emoto

Reaction score
I always leave the sidestand down when parking the bike. It adds another layer of interlock fussiness that a potential thief has to overcome before riding away. (assuming it isn't taken by 4 big guys with a van). I know it isn't much of a barrier, but it might slow him down just the tick necessary to be caught.

it's also one more safety precaution if the bike falls from the center stand (like someone pushing it by mistake) - then there is a 50% posibility it will fall on the "lucky" side :)
(I don't do it nevertheless)

NLS said:
it's also one more safety precaution if the bike falls from the center stand (like someone pushing it by mistake) - then there is a 50% posibility it will fall on the "lucky" side :)
(I don't do it nevertheless)

What tosh :rolleyes:

Is that office in guildford or woking ?

NLS - STFU !

Please show by photographic evidence on your bike exactly what you mean.

kiwiAdventure said:
Looks like you live in jail. How the hell do you get out in a fire

they usually use the doors (parallelogram construction that opens, usually wooden) but I think when they cannot he is very thin anyway

:p :p :p

(sorry stupid day)

Viz Top Tip

it's also one more safety precaution if the bike falls from the center stand

To be safe always place two large mattresses, one of either side, when parking the bike. Not only will no damage occur should it fall over, but you assist passing tramps with a comforatble place to rest.

You could use airbeds instead. That way they would fold up nicely and fit into the top box :p

I always try and park between two haystacks that are very close to each other. Not always possible though.:(

Whatton:
You could use inflatable haystacks. That way they would fold up nicely and fit into the top box

I'm thinking of fitting a second side stand on the other side. :)

With two side stands you could attach some outriggers for riding through the snow :)

Re: Viz Top Tip

jimbo said:
To be safe always place two large mattresses, one of either side, when parking the bike. Not only will no damage occur should it fall over, but you assist passing tramps with a comforatble place to rest.

Not a good idea as the tramps might sue if the bike fell on them. By providing matresses you would be responsible for their safety.
I suggest that everytime you park, you gently lay the bike down onto its side.
This will make a toppling incident impossible and has the added advantage of preventing wear in the stand bushes.

you gently lay the bike down onto its side.

yes, but if you do that, the tramps might trip over your bike and hurt themsleves. Now if you put the mattresses back on either side, the tramps have a nice soft landing so can't sue.

Did I mention I sell mattresses ;)

You could pay two tramps to stand each side of your bike and lean on it with equal force.

Viola Vagrant Stabilisers.

What about attaching some springs onto the cylinder heads? If the bike topples it will spring back into place.

...or....

What about fitting 250 section car tyres? Can't topple if it can't lean.

Here's one technique

You have to admire the creative use of an old tyre to prevent dammage.

Attachments

• sleep.jpg
    sleep.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 144
Someone needs to help that guy. He has his head stuck under that tyre!:eek:

Re: Here's one technique

jimbo said:
You have to admire the creative use of an old tyre to prevent dammage.

Why is that tramp wearing leathers

Whatton said:
You could pay two tramps to stand each side of your bike and lean on it with equal force.

Viola Vagrant Stabilisers.

I think this idea needs illustrating.....

Attachments

• screenshot019.jpg
    screenshot019.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 133

Back
Top Bottom