Extended US trip?

Wassted

Reaction score
I want to take my bike to the states for around 15 weeks. I would expect to ship bike to FL first week in April then ride to CA till end of May. Put the bike in storage for 5 weeks in San Francisco. Return 7th July ride Alaska & back till 5 Aug, ship bike back. Is this possible, how long do they allow you to take a bike into the states for? I might even consider doing another month or so in Sep-Oct if it’s possible? Any advice will be helpful and most appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.

You can temporarily import a bike into the US for up to 12 months, so you should have no problems with your extended trip. Roynie and I have shipped our bikes to the US and back twice now for trips of 6 to 8 weeks, but your idea for several shorter trips sounds very doable. We used HC Travel both times for shipping and bike insurance. Otherwise, check out Sgt Bilco's Alaska 2012 thread. He has organised tours and shipping of bikes for other GSers and is probably your most reliable source of general US info around here.

I want to take my bike to the states for around 15 weeks. I would expect to ship bike to FL first week in April then ride to CA till end of May. Put the bike in storage for 5 weeks in San Francisco. Return 7th July ride Alaska & back till 5 Aug, ship bike back. Is this possible, how long do they allow you to take a bike into the states for? I might even consider doing another month or so in Sep-Oct if it’s possible? Any advice will be helpful and most appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.

You have an e-mail Dave:thumb

Thanks mrsroynie, Bilko's on the case now so I reckon I'm in good hands ;)

Although you can take the bike in for 1 year if you read the official documents it says that you can import your bike for either 12 months or whenever you leave the US so officially it should go with you. However I am thinking of doing the same as you.

At least this way you can get around the 90day visa limit, otherwise hop into Canada uk folks can stay for 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom