Long Wait

Kiddo

Ordered new 1200GS beginning of last April and still no sign. I see that bikes that were ordered later in the summer had a much shorter lead time. Anyone know why this is?

When ordering at that time I believe there was a 6 month waiting list. You should get yours in the next few weeks. Have a word with you dealer. Did you order an unusual specification?

Oh...You did remember to pay didn't you? :p

I also ordered in April - should have arrived into UK yesterday... I've not confirmed that, and I don't know when I'll get the bike, but, it's *VERY* close now!

Pop in to your dealer and he should be able to give you the build week and the date it's scheduled to arrive, he might even be able to give you the frame/engine nr if it's been built... :D

I think ordering in April was the culmination of waiting... :rolleyes:

Pay! I traded in a 2002 1150 and cos there was a 2 grand difference in the trade in price between handing over the bike in April Vs September I chose September and have been commuting on a 250cc scooter for six months. I've paid alright!!

Hey Joker

Popped into NOG this morning, isnt that your blue black black sat there with a blue silver black.:D

shedracer said:
Hey Joker

Popped into NOG this morning, isnt that your blue black black sat there with a blue silver black.:D

OOO! You get me all excited now...

... but does the blue-black-black one have spokes...?!?!?!? IF so, then YES, that'd be mine?!?! (only 2 ordered with spokes at NOG AFAIK)...

OOOOoooooOOO!!!

I guess I must have been very lucky - ordered the 1200 on about the 7th Sept and got it last Friday - 10 days. Had a choice of several machines/specs from different dealers too. 625 miles so far - first service next week - fantastic!

Mine arrived yesterday, ordered in June. I'm picking it up on Tuesday from Jefferies. They are busy this weekend with the K1200S launch.

Don't want to sound smug but rode a demo last tues and by sat had a 1200 sat out side my house.Phoned around about 10 dealers and got one delivered from Jefferies.

jetjock said:
Don't want to sound smug but rode a demo last tues and by sat had a 1200 sat out side my house.Phoned around about 10 dealers and got one delivered from Jefferies.

Smug... naaah...

It's quite a simple situation really. In April when many of us ordered, R1200GS' were like rockin' horse s**t...
... On many occasions I could have cancelled my order and gone for another one - but I don't think that I would have gotten the one I wanted (especially as I wanted wire spoke wheels).

My personal situation hasn't lent itself to getting a 12 much before now anyway, so I'm quite happy with my decisions, however, I do want it NOW... :) :D

jetjock said:
Did you get a choice of colours and spec or did you have to take what they had.I think I have sold my bike so I am going shopping,Sure beats waiting around for six months.Andy

I got mine within four weeks of ordering - picked the new gs up last saturday...

shedracer said:
Hey Joker

Had to go have a look... and they're both with alloy wheels... so, not my bike... :(

.. . Wishful thinking; it's in the back in the crate... they'll put it on the road tomorrow... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom