Warning Light Help

Big Andy

Hi Guys

Could anyone answer this one, I`ve left my manual at work.

I have an amber triangle warning light and a little symbol ( see pic) I have tried the oil petrol and bulbs but so far can`t get the warning light to go out. Any help greatly recieved.

Andy

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 242
The symbol means bulb failure - are there any arrows next to it?

The arrow should point to the front or rear depending on which bulb the bike thinks has blown.

Thanks and yes there is an arrow pointing down, however there are no bulbs out. Strange eh.

Hi Matey,

don't forget the bulb filaments cover both modes when one has failed!

Regards

Reggie

Both the brake light and normal rear light are working fine.

Just speculating and using my good but short memory...
... But doesn't the 12 with is (beer) CAN bus system impersonate tail light by pushing less power to the brake light when the tail-light has blown...

... And thus, even with a broken tail-light you still get a light, even if it comes from a dimmed brake-light... :confused:

Btw, ... that light seems very big and like it's drawn by hand... You'd expect a "proper" light on a 9K bike... :rolleyes: :eek:

;) ;) ;) :D :D :p

Yup Andy, Joker's right....even with a filament out, it'll look like it's working normally.....

Replace the bulb anyway.......if the warning light goes out problem solved...if it doesn't, you've got a spare bulb you can tuck somewhere and you can look further.

HAving said that, the brake light failure warning on the 11xx's is the red one not amber so it may not be that.:rolleyes: :confused:

TheJoker is right.
I had the same problem. The bulb has two wires even one of them is broken, the remaining one is functioning as a regular and brake right by adjusting how much ampere is going. For security reasons I've been told by the dealer. When you change the bulb, the warning will most probably disappear.

Back
Top Bottom