RT Muff & Mirrors

robc

Reaction score
Afternoon All,
Just wanted to share a little tip with you guys.

I've got muffs fitted on my 1150 RT. They pretty much block everything in my mirrors so I came up with a solution.

I removed the mirrors from my 1150 GS and put them on the RT. It was a straight swap. No modifications required as they mount through the holes in the fluid reservoir/lever housing. These are identical on the GS and the RT.

Now I can see what's trying to ram me off the road.

I've attached a photo.

Regards

Rob C

Attachments

• rt_gs_mirror_small.jpg
    rt_gs_mirror_small.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 315
:thumb2:thumb2

R1100, R1150 RTs, K1200GTs, quite possibly the K1300GT too (depends if the newer switches can fit mirrors).

Haven't had the opportunity to try them on the 1200RT. Any volunteers?

However the Gauchos will fit all the RTs.:augie Imagine one of these use in conjunction with a heated seat :D

Val.

Not hijacking here but I had the full muffs on a GS and wanted some for my RT1150, ordered the wrong ones and ended up with these

http://scooter-wear.com/tucano-urbano-r361-4-scooter-motorcycle-handlebar-muffs

black ones obviously. They dont obstruct the mirrors but take a bit of getting used to because the switches are outside the muff so theres a separate thumb, The nearest I can explain is it's like an oven glove. Works really well and toasty

need a couple of small mods but worth a pop at thirty odd quid.

:beerjug:

:thumb2:thumb2

R1100, R1150 RTs, K1200GTs, quite possibly the K1300GT too (depends if the newer switches can fit mirrors).

Haven't had the opportunity to try them on the 1200RT. Any volunteers?

However the Gauchos will fit all the RTs.:augie Imagine one of these use in conjunction with a heated seat :D

Val.

At the weekend I chopped in my 1150RT for a 09 1200RT. Mirror and muff solution still works.

Regards

Rob C

Last edited:
I have the Tucano ones on my 1150GS and Wunderlich ones on my RT, I think I prefer the Tucano ones though. Never thought about simply joining the two strips together like in the pic, they're cable tied to the crossbar. BTW, I also use GS mirrors on my RT, they're needed as mine has vario risers as well as muffs.

Can anyone tell me how far down the new Gaucho goes on an R1200RT - ie does it give full protection to the feet? - the pics on Val's website are not totally clear on this point

Back
Top Bottom