Corbin saddle

The Machine Cat

http://www.corbin.com/bmw/r12gs.shtml

gs126.gif

I won't buy a Corbin seat. I had problems with the one I had (until that bike was stolen) and I've heard too many tales of bad quality control and poor customer service to give them any of my hard earned cash.

My experience with Corbin products is also bad. I've had 2 seats of theirs and both were poor fitting. I was able to fix one to fit reasonably well, but the other I had to send back. After 2 months and many phone calls to them, a replacement seat arrived, and it fit no better. After that, they wouldn't warranty it anymore.

Do not waste your money on Corbin products.

Slim.

Had a Corbin on my Africa Twin for about three months before the stitching pulled out on one side. I didn't find it very comfy so I sold it on and bought the Touratech. Although it felt alot harder at first I could sit on it for two or three hours at a time. It was also very well made. I'll see what the Beemer seat is like on the 1200, but if I decide to change it I'll go for another Touratech.

thanks for the info, I guess I will look elsewhere...

Try the 12GS seat first. I have not had a problem and have recently had my backside sat on it for 5 days, each between 5 and 7 hours a day.

No Neck said:
Try the 12GS seat first. I have not had a problem and have recently had my backside sat on it for 5 days, each between 5 and 7 hours a day.

No Neck makes a good point. The stock seat feels pretty hard at first, but over a few thousand miles, it breaks in and becomes more comfortable. You may end up wanting an aftermarket seat, but at least you know you don't have to rush out and buy one...

I had a Corbin solo seat on my R1100S. It was very comfortable and the best thing about the bike along with the Ohlins shocks. I need a more comfortable seat on the 12, but I keep hearing all these negative reports......

I too would give the stock seat a chance. I recently returned from a 7 day 4000 mile run with 4 of the days being in excess of 800 mile ones and am still happy with the stock seat. I definitely don't see a need for a backrest on the GS. But hey what works for me amy not work for you.

David_S said:
I too would give the stock seat a chance. I recently returned from a 7 day 4000 mile run with 4 of the days being in excess of 800 mile ones and am still happy with the stock seat. I definitely don't see a need for a backrest on the GS. But hey what works for me amy not work for you.

I find the backrest ugly too. U don't have to buy it, and if u do it is removable anyway. The thing that I find quite interesting is the heater... Nothing's beter than a warm "derrière" during a cold winter :rolleyes:

I have done 4000kms on the standard seat including a 3 day 2000kms trip and although i found it ok would be interested in someting more comfy. I have taken on board what has been said about waiting for the standard seat to soften up, but in the meantime has anyone got any experience with the Bagster seats? Are they any good or do we have the same horror stories as the Corbin.

Thanks Lunsarboy

I don't find the seat too bad although I find I do tend to slide forwards after a while and keep shifting back. If you want a better seat try MelBoy at Motorcycleseats.com (Ithink that's the add), he can add a special insert and retain the original cover and look. I have one of hios seats on my blackbird and it made a massive improvement to riding comfort. Send him an email, he works from home, isn't cheap but does a good job.

Back
Top Bottom