1150 ADV Seat

Rainman

This is my standard ADV seat as lowered & widened by Melvyn Hunter from Coventry. First time I've tried uploading an image - hope it works.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 239
Touratech seat

Wreford,

Noticed you have the touratech seat on your bike. Any good after your trip and would you recommend it?

Would like to fit the same on my R1100GS.

Rainman,

Was the original adventurer seat not comfy or changed because of a pillion?

Cheers
Dirk
:gringo

Touretech has proved very comfatble in the UK, when the roads have bends it's a peach, when there straight num bum starts about the same time as a standard seat.

For the Sahara or bust trip I used a sheeps skin, and apart from piles as big as a hand full of quality street! (joking) it was great.

To put that trip in perspective.

Day 1 680 Miles
Day 2 650 Miles
Day 3 500 Miles (14 hours)
Day 4 70 Miles ( ride on piste to Merzouga)
Day 5 450 Miles
Day 6 600 Miles
Day 7 1123 Miles ( 20 hours)

Not wishing to be crule to Rainman but I assume from the seat description the mods where made because of short legs and a huge arse!!!!!!!!

Wreford Miles said:

Somethings gone wrong it's made you seat look pig ugly!!!

The whole bikes pig ugly - not just the seat!!

The original ADV seat is the same height as the highest setting on a standard 1150GS. You can't adjust it on an ADV. Having dropped it when the road camber was wrong, decided to have it lowered & made more comfortable. I don't get a numb arse with the new seat or the vibration.

I think Touratech are now doing a seat for the ADV - the catologues out in a few weeks with loads of other 'goodies' for ADV owners to waste their money on!

ADV SEAT

AFTER RIDING MY NEW ADVENTURER HOME FROM MUNICH GERMANY TO BUNCRANA IRELAND ( THIS TRIP INVOLVED 2 X 1000 KM DAYS WITH A 30 MIN MAXIMUM PIT STOP) i CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THE ADVENTURER SEAT IS COMFORTABLE ---- FOR THE DRIVER AT LEAST.
i HAVE DONE SIMILAR TRIPS ON AN 1100GS AND HAVE HAD TO HAVE THE SEATS RE- PADDED WITH FIRMER FOAM

Touratech seat

Got a TT sportsseat since 2 weeks now, and only tried it on 4-5
hour trips.
In the beginning it feels a lot harder then the standard seat, but
strangely enough its more comf.
Perhaps because I can sit more upright now I haven't had any problems after a 3 hour nonstop ride... (used to have trouble with my left shoulder as a result of a cayaking incident some years ago)
And it looks good, even with mandarin side panels....

Attachments

• the s.africans.jpg
    the s.africans.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 250
Seat hmm

Looks like your checking out someone else's seat too.

:rolleyes:

Re: ADV SEAT

The Foolish Fellow said:
AFTER RIDING MY NEW ADVENTURER HOME FROM MUNICH GERMANY TO BUNCRANA IRELAND ( THIS TRIP INVOLVED 2 X 1000 KM DAYS WITH A 30 MIN MAXIMUM PIT STOP)

Holy shit foolish fellow that was some journey. I assume that the Adventure is perfect for the roads in Donegal. :beerjug:

Re: Re: ADV SEAT

luke scott said:

I assume that the Adventure is perfect for the roads in Donegal.

I thought that the only thing perfect for the roads in Donegal was a Mick with a spade!

:duck:

roads in donegal

I dont actually ride the adventurer in donegal. the bike I like to take out at home is my 2002 fireblade, I bought the adv for doing the same thing as my previous r1100gs ------ 2 up touring, I do not like stopping for petrol hence the big tank + my girlfriend weighs 11 stone and is quite tall so the extra room and luggage carrying capacity is very welcome.This year wehope to try the adv. out properly with a trip to the sahara or at least well into eastern europe. I have just fitted a streetpilot 111 + touratech specialset boxes in anticipation of the trip into africa

anyway simon must go and get my spade out

Back
Top Bottom