Broken Plastic?

ujeni

Hi everyone.

Great forum...been lurking for a while now.

Quick question...any worrys about all the plastic parts on this machine? If it goes down, I would assume that they break quickly. Any thoughts?

ujeni said:
Hi everyone.

Great forum...been lurking for a while now.

Quick question...any worrys about all the plastic parts on this machine? If it goes down, I would assume that they break quickly. Any thoughts?

Replace them when you break them. I had a Dakar and that is full of plastic. I never damaged any bits.
It will be cheaper to replace plastic than fixing dented steel gas tanks

Make damn sure the twist-toggles are fixed properly...there have been many pics of the side panels whacking backwards like air brakes if the catches aren't secure and the wind gets under the panel :eek: :eek:

ten bob plastic panels on a 10 grand machine :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fanum said:
Make damn sure the twist-toggles are fixed properly...there have been many pics of the side panels whacking backwards like air brakes if the catches aren't secure and the wind gets under the panel :eek: :eek:

ten bob plastic panels on a 10 grand machine

Happened to me at, er, high speed on the M62. Very exciting. Cable ties sort it, but it's a poor design.

Another bit of crap plastic is the U-Bolt holder on the back of the tool tray. This makes the seat difficult to fit in the lower position. Sawed it off and... bingo.

This makes the seat difficult to fit in the lower position. Sawed it off and... bingo

Never had any problem with mine in the low position. What bit did you have to saw off?

Paul

Re: This makes the seat difficult to fit in the lower position. Sawed it off and... bingo

Paul Wakefield said:
Never had any problem with mine in the low position. What bit did you have to saw off?

Paul

I always have the problem. Going to look at the offending plastic in a moment.

Re: This makes the seat difficult to fit in the lower position. Sawed it off and... b

Paul Wakefield said:

Paul

The black plastic tool tray/bucket has an extension at the back which forms the U-Bolt lock holder (which rests on the rear mudguard). Seat wouldn't latch in low setting. Put some plasticine on the U-Bolt lock holder, put the seat on and the plasticine was clearly being nipped. Sawed the U-Bolt lock holder off flush with the tool tray/bucket and now the seat goes on and latches easily.

Re: Re: This makes the seat difficult to fit in the lower position. Sawed it off and.

Marty Hill said:
I always have the problem. Going to look at the offending plastic in a moment.

Marty - just try putting the seat on after you have taken the tool tray/U-Bolt lock holder out. Should indicate whether it's cause of your seat problem (as it was on mine).

Back
Top Bottom