Oil filler cap

oddball

Can anyone tell me if there is an aftermarket cap available yet. It seems that the techno bods at BMW spent all their time on that very pretty swing arm and pulled the OE cap from a christmas cracker.

The GS is know to use oil so it not unreasonable for the owners to have to remove the filler cap regular to top up the oil, why put something on that sits so tight and so low it gets mashed when you try and get it orf?

Swing arm is a fantastic bit on engineering though.

I can get mine off by hand ... using the tool supplied is a waste of time I agree but does it really have to be anything more than hand tight?

oddball said:
It seems that the techno bods at BMW spent all their time on that very pretty swing arm and pulled the OE cap from a christmas cracker.

The same christmas cracker that the horn came from. I'm almost embarrassed to use it. Sorry it's OT but anyone succeeded in getting round the previously documented CAN bus problem and fitted a respectable horn?

Hey oddball both Wunderlich and Touratech offer replacements. I bought the Wunderlich one and works and looks good i think both are about the same price.

Lunsarboy

Back
Top Bottom