Black Forest 2012

yorkshire

Reaction score
Already planning a trip 2012!!
Any suggestions on a route / accommodation for ther Black Forrest?
I beleive the B500 is 1 road to ride?

Probalbly a 3-4 day trip, depends on the "pass out" but any ideas / advise would be welcome.
Thanks

Been here every year for the last 3 years, the first year was just a Black Forest Trip:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249110

Last year we dropped in on the way back from the Alps, this year on the way to the Alps and next year I am going with the lads for a "Stag Tour"

The B500 is THE famous road, the "best" bit runs for about 30 - 35 miles from just south of Baden Baden to about where it is level with Fraudenstadt, this is a fairly major road and popular with sportsbikes, it is tighter towards Baden and opens out where it is level with Ottenhofen (fast 100+mph sweepers) about 7-8 miles from the Ottenhofen (L87) turn (which also leeds to Seebach and Pension Williams) it comes to a junction, from here onwards it is not such a great road.

Where it meets the L28 you can bear right to Bad Peterstall and then take the L93 / L96 to Wolfach which is a pretty valley run to a lovelly little traditional Black Forest town, some great bends and lots of unspoilt countryside.

Lots of other great back roads in the redion and easy to put together looping days out taking in great roads and pretty towns / villages.

The Black Forest area is quite small so you can use a single central base and pretty much get around the whole region (about the size of Wales)

As ever I would recommend Pension Williams for location and value - as long as you don't want city living, there are a few places to eat and drink and free public transport if you want to take a day off the bike and go to Baden (You get free bus and train transport with a card the Hotel gives you)

have a great trip :thumb

Went to the 2011 Touratech Travel Event and 'GS Challenge' at Niedereshach(Rottweil) in may last year for three nights and toured most of the Schwarzwald with some German GS riding friends. It was a good event with around 10,000 visitors and around a thousand in the campsite behind the factory.

We then moved down to a quieter campsite at Schluchsee for another three days and explored that area before returning to Touratech for a 'workers lunch' at their cafe where we met with a friend who works there.

I liked the Black Forest and the weather was good but a lot of the roads were closed at times but we found plenty of 'farm tracks' to ride instead including some forest roads which I shouldn't really have ridden.

Folks were very friendly but my German could have been better especially when I was speaking to some of the local farmers there.

Very much looking forward to going back there again next year.

FP.

As ever I would recommend Pension Williams for location and value

Going to give them a try for a couple of nights next year...... can't be many places that come back to you and confirm a booking on Christmas day :thumb2

Going to give them a try for a couple of nights next year...... can't be many places that come back to you and confirm a booking on Christmas day :thumb2

Your right!
although how sad does tha tmake me look by asking on Christmas Day!!!

Try to ride the Route des Cretes on the French side of the border in the Vosges if you have the opportunity - better than the B500 IMHO :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom