Top box

steve16

On the new 1200 the top box looks ok but does it hold a fair amount ?
Wondering if it will be better to stick with my Givi although I think it may look abit pants on the new GS !

......Cheers

I'm impressed with my Hepco Becker box. Looks more rugged than the BMW one and more purposeful than the Givi. It has a v.simple fitting mechanism and when not on the bike there is very little fitting kit in the way.

6787144-M.jpg

Tobers will the H&B case that you have hold a full face helmet?

Many thanks

Lunsarboy

The BMW top case will hold a full face lid - just. By contrast my girlfriend's Givi box will hold 2 lids, but she explicitly bought one big enough to do so.

However the BM case looks a lot stronger than the Givi.

top box

It took me a long time to decide which top box. In the end I got the BMW one which will take a helmet when in the expanded position. I decided against the HB boxes on the 1200 (I was happy til' mine snapped the sub frame on my 1150) because I was unsure the unbraced HB mount, though it is very much neater than the BMW set up I think, was likely to do more damage as the overhang is greater and stresses are likely to snap the bikes plastic carrier if any load is applied.
David

ps the BMW box is fine, snag is it only takes one helmet

Got a bmw topbox as well and have found it to be practical, and it looks good too.

Back
Top Bottom