Fitting Zumo 660 to 2010 FLHTCU.

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Didn't buy the HD model due to the high cost so, got the OEM model.

In order to fit the 12v motorcycle backing plate, I prefer not to connect directly to the battery but, have the plate energised through switching on the ignition.
What is the best wire accessory lead from HD would someone recommended? There are two basic leads in the catalog.

I also notice you can buy the overly expensive wiring module kit that incorporates the Zumo into the audio system; fitting inside the fairing shell. Has anybody installed one and is it worth the cost?

Thanks

I'm not sure I fully understand your set up but I've recently wired a GPS to my '09 Electra Glide (FLHT). So from memory...............

Under the seat and in front of the battery you'll find a accessories socket. HD sell a 'Y' shaped 1 > 2 lead that plugs into this socket - you then have the option of powering two accessories form this one socket or you can just plug the GPS straight into the bikes wiring here without buying the 1 > 2 lead.

You can buy plugs and all the necessary pins from www.polevolt.co.uk (or .com).

Depending on which pins you wire in the plug various switching option are available.

Accessory socket hot full time.
Switchable via ignition
Switchable via accessory switch on dash.

With the power supply sorted, remove the tank and front fairing. Run the cable through the under tank trunking and cable tie transformer in place inside fairing.
If you hit any problems it's worth knowing that the accessory cable is not necessarily protected by the accessory fuse but the P&A fuse: or something like that.

no need to do all that. Just wire the power into the back of the cigarette lighter behind the front fairing.

the wiring to make the sound come through the stereo only works with the harley davidson sat nav.

Zumo

I confess to having owned a beautiful RK Classic (2010).
Losing my job meant I lost the bike too, which gutted me as I loved it. I digress....

When I was working out how to fit my 660 to the Road King I cane across a blog by a guy called Axel. http://roadkinguk.wordpress.com/2010/05/page/2/

Here is his fitting guide. This is a great blog. I actually bought one of his chrome covers he made to cover the ugly plastic rain cover. Which reminds me I need to stick it on eBay.

I have added a picture of it

Attachments

• zumo HD.jpg
    zumo HD.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 426
Didn't buy the HD model due to the high cost so, got the OEM model.

In order to fit the 12v motorcycle backing plate, I prefer not to connect directly to the battery but, have the plate energised through switching on the ignition.
What is the best wire accessory lead from HD would someone recommended? There are two basic leads in the catalog.

I also notice you can buy the overly expensive wiring module kit that incorporates the Zumo into the audio system; fitting inside the fairing shell. Has anybody installed one and is it worth the cost?

Thanks

Did you finally make the installation? :nenau

I now have a 2005 FLHTCUi and want to mount my Zumo so I'm interested in what brackets you used. The HD kit involves drilling the fairing inner, which I am not happy with :(

Hi Mutley,

Answer is no, haven't installed it yet. My normal riding activities don't necessitate the use of a sat nav here in Saudi. One highway north to Kuwait, another highway in the opposite direction south to Qatar or the UAE. Bit of an impulse buy and only used it so far on holiday in Tenerife.

May take it back home to UK and fit the motorcycle power lead on my 1150GSA. And as David1979 said, wire into the cigarette power socket lead in the back of the FLHTCU fairing; the car accessory power lead.

I have discovered that RAM do all the fittings that I have on my GS only in chrome so I have ordered them for the glide :ymca2

I think chrome is not a UK requirement considering the environment. I'll be going the ceramic black route for my accessories and performance parts.

And yes, the zumo came with a RAM kit and I have another more better one still used on the GSA.

sTEVE

Back
Top Bottom