Looking for fellow Ewan and Charlie wannabes

pympster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Righto so I'm planning to do a copycat London to New York trip this summer (leaving mid/late June)

Looking to see if anybody wants to tag a long at any point? The bit I'd most like to have a riding buddy is across Siberia :) :friday

I'm 20 and have just got myself an R1200GSA :) (I'm not a drug dealer though, I've been saving for a while!!)

Route wise:

London, France, Belgium, Germany, Czech Repub, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Ukraine, Russia then Japan or south korea and off to the US/ Canada

Anyways for anyone that is interested here is my big google planning doc, might be useful for anyone else planning a similar trip!

here be words and number things

Thanks,

Pympster

Carnet not needed apart from in Japan! I have got about 3.5 months :)

Righto so I'm planning to do a copycat London to New York trip this summer (leaving mid/late June)

Looking to see if anybody wants to tag a long at any point? The bit I'd most like to have a riding buddy is across Siberia :) :friday

I'm 20 and have just got myself an R1200GSA :) (I'm not a drug dealer though, I've been saving for a while!!)

Route wise:

London, France, Belgium, Germany, Czech Repub, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Ukraine, Russia then Japan or south korea and off to the US/ Canada

Anyways for anyone that is interested here is my big google planning doc, might be useful for anyone else planning a similar trip!

here be words and number things

Thanks,

Pympster

If you are 20 and doing it on a GSA - then well done and i wish you all the luck in the world - keep us updated :clap:bow:beerjug:

Thanks everyone! With regards to the GSA, I'm one of those students that works three full days a week around my Uni studies :)

Good stuff mate, if you need any camping kit give me a shout, good luck, jammy bastard, mines pencilled for 2014 :)

Thanks! Still trying to work out what tent to get, I like the idea of the Nomad tenere tent for when I'm camping in Siberia, migth protect the bike from prying eyes (and if it's bigger it won't look like it's just me by myself!)

Any advice?? :)

Thanks everyone! With regards to the GSA, I'm one of those students that works three full days a week around my Uni studies :)

...and conned BMW finance into giving you a bike having used Photoshop to doctor ID / Bank Statements / Payslips etc accordingly.

Only kidding mate.

You'll get used to the banter on this site.

Very envious and wish you good luck.

Keep us posted with your planning and travels !

Mike.

...and conned BMW finance into giving you a bike having used Photoshop to doctor ID / Bank Statements / Payslips etc accordingly.

Only kidding mate.

You'll get used to the banter on this site.

Very envious and wish you good luck.

Keep us posted with your planning and travels !

Mike.

It was MS Paint actually.... :type

Thanks for the support!

Did mine in 2007,any info that i can help with let me know

Awesome! The main thing I'm trying to find out is average mileage you can manage on the trans siberian highway, i.e. how long should I give myself from Moscow to Vlad?

Any general tips? :)

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom