Kirkstone, Honister & Winlatter........

Big Lee

Reaction score
....were my destinations for running in the new 12GS :D Well they did say work it!
Hardnott tomorrow & maybe do Kirkstone the other way.

What a cracking bike, very pleased with it so far although my boots have worn a little of the paint off the frame & the wind noise is pretty bad (Tobinators on order!!)
Got some air UNDER the tyres yesterday coming down off Kirkstone into Ambleside via "the Struggle" :D :D

Lee

Wind noise and buffeting is terrible for me in all screen positions. What's the consensus on Tobinators for the 1200? Do they work well?

Thanks! :thumb :D I did read that thread a while ago & thats what made me look, it didn`t help that yesterday when I picked it up I was caught in a few heavy showers on the 130 mile ride home & as such my boots got sprayed with water & grit. I wear the Sidi Vertabra (sp?) 2 boots with the plastic ankle guards, although grit would`ve stuck to fabric too. Why don`t BMW put a hugger on these bikes? even just to keep the crap off your boots when its wet??
I`ve put some clear tape on the affected areas now :thumb

Okay Big Lee if you see a guy in a silver Subaru Outback flashing his lights on Hardnott or Wrynose tomorrow it'll be me. Gotta wait a few more weeks until it'll be on the 12.

Whereabouts in Cumberland are ya?

Ah yes, Hardnott Pass…I’ve fond memories of that climb and descent.:eek:

I haven’t done it on my 1150GS yet…but I’ve done on my VFR

1.jpg

hello,

i am slightly lost on this one, what are 'Tobinators'?

i was in this area on 24/09/04 and took in these very roads - i camped at keswick and enjoyed my weekend - need to be wary of traffic esp on the hardknott pass - riding a gs adv which took it in its stride

Well did Hardknott today & apart from high winds & REALLY heavy showers it was good! I couldn`t have done it on the Triumph :rolleyes: I only did one dab on the way up :blush

I saw a guy in a silver Subaru Wraithwrider was it you?

Thomas the Tank engine?

Big Lee

I think I just missed you. As we turned left out of Ambleside at about 1125 a yellow 12 came across in front of us heading in.

We were late away (DIYing). Had a great day out. The new (to me anyway) Scooby was very much at ease going up the passes, then again a 240 bhp 3.0 litre AWD boxer 6 should bloody well be.

Had a half in the Woolpack (great venue for a UKGSer w/e methinks) and then Sue & I went from Eskdale to Ravenglass on the 'La'al Ratty' steam railway.

Back over Hardnott again and home via the Dudden Valley.

If I'd had to put a foot down I think it's a fair chance the bike'd of gone down too!

A pint for the 1st person to correctly name the loco!

Attachments

• engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 258
Its "Lady" of course.
Bloody hell, do you guys know nothing.

Not Lady Den. Something you of all people should get though.

Back
Top Bottom