tell me about kdx 250s please..

Losttheplot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been offered a kdx 250.

I haven't seen it yet, but have been told it's water cooled.

It's also in bits, but apprently is complete.

I don't think i'll have to part with much to get it, but what are they like?

I'm thinking of using it for enduro's, so i don't trash my XChallenge (which is a little on the lumpy side for such antics).

The only thing that would put me off is a drum type rear brake.
I've read the bike guide in TBM, but it doesn't give much away..
What does the UKGSer collective think?

If it seems ok and is fixable it will make a relatively competitive bike to feel your way in Enduro's (especially Trail Bike Classes - you may clean up) for not much cash

Don't be put off by a rear drum brake, correctly set up (as long as it's a rod, not cable operated) then it can be more effective than a rear disc

It's old....and I think it'll be a "Grey import"...parts may be hard to find.

I could be completely wrong.

:beerjug:

kdx

all kdx are good ,had air cooled and water they were the top clubmans tool . the 250 was to much for some seemed to be more like the kx for power.. you wont get n the trail class with it. great bike in there day ,the 220 was the best wish I had kept it but then I would not have gone to ktm . its well worth a punt!!

kdx

I had a 200 with drum back brake, great bikes but...... the back brake did let it down. Never found a way to keep the water and crap out of mine or my mates. Nowt like whizzing into a corner on full chat on one brake when you expected both :eek: Eventually converted to a disc rear and then got consistent performance. Its years ago and I can't remember with certainty what the donor bike was but it might have been a road version of a kdx 200. I don't think it cost much to do at the time, bits came from a breakers.

thanks for the feedback guys!

i was talking with the bikes current owner this evening.

Sounds like the bike does have a disk on the rear- going on the look of the rear wheel- everything is just in a box at present.

there's not v5 though, so closed loop enduro's only.

Need to get my hands on it and get it running i think :D

I had a KDX250SR, water cooled, disc brake on the back. Went like stink. It was ok in the trail bike class but some clubs didn't like this as it was such a good bike and they felt it should be in the enduro class.Off road Kwakers are great bikes, my favourite dirt machines.:D

Few years back i had rmx 250 and friend had kdx 250 only downside was tank range, if i remember about 40 miles trail riding and under hour on enduro :eek:

Back
Top Bottom