PANNIERS FOR THE HARLEY

Bernt56

Reaction score
One of our customers asked us to make him some aluminium panniers for his Harley. We duly obliged & if you go to the www.stahlkoffer.com website & click on the drop-down menu in the GALLERIES section you will see some photos of the finished article.
I must admit I was a bit sceptical at first as I was not too sure how they would look on that model of bike BUT I must admit I was pleasantly surprised.
Any comments gratefully received.
Regards
Bernie
Tel: 07710 149 726
www.stahlokffer.com

No reason why it shouldn't work of course, but they're too far back, too wide & too deep IMHO...

Surely they could've gone further forward without getting in the way of the pillions legs..?

Could you have followed the Electra Glide pannier shape a bit more..?

thats a nice way to spoil the lines of a bike ,each to there own ,it dont look right ,maybe as david said ,if you made them harley shape,might look better .
but then who am i to comment ,i had a vagazzlle on my bike

I can't imagine what would make you want to do that? Are the panniers interchangeable with his GS? :confused:

I'm afraid I agree with the others about not suiting the bike. I don't think they need to be Glide shaped but they certainly need to be better proportioned to the bike. More cube shaped like the 1150 GSA panniers.

They'd probably look better on a less blinged up bike as well :blast

I just can't imagine why you would want to do this? Personally I think it looks horrid but that is only my opinion. They are, as DN said too deep, they may be functional but so is a beige anorak......

Harley offer pannier solutions, I have a pair of hard leather saddle bags on my FLHRCI OK, they may not hold as much as these but aesthetically they are far more pleasing. I know this is a dangerous question but how would the bike handle with that much extra weight on it? I'll bet they weigh in a fair bit fully loaded!

The other thing is, on my FLHS (and most 'Glides) the panniers are a). really strong, and b). protected by the rear bar, and the pannier rails; Alloy boxes are hardly necessary, it's tough as it is.

On the Softail in the photo, the boxes maybe strong, but I don't reckon they'd stay on the bike if it was dropped, even at very low speed...

In other words, 'What's the Point' ~

In other words, 'What's the Point' ~

I think the point is.........Bernt was asked to make panniers by a customer which he duly did. I suspect the customer is more interested in carrying his gear than worrying about what the rest of the HD crowd think. :augie

I've seen all sorts of stuff nailed onto bikes over the years which do a job. They don't look nice but hey, who gives a flying f*ck as long as they works?

I saw this guy in the States in 2005 and he had suitcases strapped to his 650 on his way to visit every country on the planet. Looked hilarious but did the job:thumb

Attachments

• Panniers.jpg
    Panniers.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 351
I think the point is.........Bernt was asked to make panniers by a customer which he duly did.

'Any comments gratefully received.
Regards
Bernie'

:augie

Like I said, nothing wrong with alloy panniers on a HD, I just don't think these look good (not to say that they couldn't of course...)

They need a large embossed eagle on every flat surface.

Do that and you'll soon be a millionaire.

Back
Top Bottom