Updated Guzzi V7

Packer

Appreciating Scotland
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Moto Guzzi have had a pretty major re-think on their small block 750. A lot of new parts, 70% of them in fact, giving more power (yes, all things are relative), better spread of torque, better fuel economy and a single shared injector controlled by two separate lambda sensors. Even better it now has a bigger (21 ltr) fuel tank.

Moto%20Guzzi%20V7%2012%20%201.jpg

Details here:- http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/moto%20guzzi/moto_guzzi_v_7_12.htm

I had already thought that a V7 Classic would make a great everyday commuter/fun bike but this moves it along a bit. Plus of course it's a shafty.

I really like that :drool:drool might have to take a look in the near future methinks. :thumb2

Wire wheels would have made it so much nicer IMO. :)

you might be right, though they do add nicely to the blackness :)

just noticed the wheels it has are very much styled after the 70s "artillery" wheels as fitted to le mans, spadas etc.

That's really very cool! I like it a lot!

I think that I'd have to respray all those matt black items in a very, very shiny, deep gloss black. Mmmmmmmm, gloss black and chrome/stainless.

just noticed the wheels it has are very much styled after the 70s "artillery" wheels as fitted to le mans, spadas etc.

Right enough, now that I look again you're right Cookie. :thumb2

Still though, black rims and stainless spokes would have ben lovely. :drool

Gloss black with black anadised wire wheels I'd be on my way to guzzi dealer :drool

I've yet to see one of the 750's in the flesh but must admit they are sweet looking bikes, especially the orange and white one (or 'yellow' and white) which also has wire wheels.
The only thing is that they look so tiny in the pictures and I reckon any 6ft plus rider would be well cramped up on them - are they really that small :nenau

Andres

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 707
They are small, about the same size as my '69 R60 US.

The demo bike that I rode was very coarse, it felt harsh and cut out at junctions. The left exhaust header almost fell off as well whilst on my test run. A shame, but it put me off the bike. For the same kind of money, a bit less in fact, you could have a Honda NC700X which is unbelievably refined by comparison with the Guzzi with similar performance and better fuel economy as a bonus.

They are quite tiny. I reckon they are one of the most attractive bikes around. Decent value used, but even better value is a good V50 from the `80`s. Although only 500cc they are very similar performance to the V7 and when you see them side by side it definately looks like a lot of the parts are interchangeable. I bought a real cheapy a few monts ago and it is a delightful bike to ride.
http://www.realclassic.co.uk/motoguzziv50.html

old or new - the tiddlers always look spindly and are tiny.
It's put me off - but i keep coming back to them and going 'hmmm'. :D

I had a V50 Monza back in the 80's, and recently acquired a 750 Breva...

It's very nice, in a retro kind of way; after getting off the F650GS Twin, it feels low, with firm (not to say harsh?) suspension, quicker steering, clunky gearbox, but a nice spread of torque from the engine, and a pleasing vibration (!) and exhaust note.

It isn't going to win any speed challenges, neither would you want to with only one front disc, but it appeals in a "functional classic" kind of way. I only wish I'd bought a bigger one...

I gather the new ones have slightly more power & torque, but everything else looks about the same.

My V7 Scrambler

After numerous Gs's and more recently KTM Adventure I fancied a change. Something lighter, smaller and easier to manage with a bit of retro and hey presto......

Attachments

• MG Scrambler V7.jpg
    MG Scrambler V7.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 3,524
After numerous Gs's and more recently KTM Adventure I fancied a change. Something lighter, smaller and easier to manage with a bit of retro and hey presto......

Very nice is that the new engine then?

Is that the new V7 Racer colour scheme with raised bars instead of clip ons or a Standard classic with white paint job, racer side panels, painted hubs and racer headlight cowl?

Looks :cool:.....:thumb

Back
Top Bottom