Pannier inner bags and tank bags.

stanley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any opinions on these please?

Are the cheaper Ebay inner bags ok, or is it worth finding the extra for the proper BMW ones? Would be using them for touring and possibly for university (books and files!).

Also tankbags. I know that the BMW ones are top quality and are designed to fit the bike, but they are so big! I don't like big tankbags; don't like how they restrict your movement and hate it when my chest/stomach touches them!
Touratech "Flat" looks about the right size. Anyone use one of these or any others?

Cheers

I have a pair of bags made by DITTO bought from a Clarks shoe shop that fit my 1200RT panniers perfectly, cost about £10 each a couple of years back, very nicely made with side pockets and a shoulder strap. These are way better made that the Mane Event ones I bought at £70 a pair 9 years back... :eek:

I'd shop around, see what you can find

The flat TT tank bag is very good - it's map case is pretty water resistant with storage for other docs immediately underneath. A couple of small kangaroo Pouches keep the main bag tidy and it's contents findable. A charging cable from the adjacent accessory socket can be conveniently run between the two zip toggles

One expensive camera later I have learned to ensure the zips are closed before lifting the bag off the bike by it's handle .............

ManeEvent are well thought of, good quality and keeps our money in the UK!

GS pannier bags; will the fit an RT ?

I'm chopping my GS in for an RT (no, I didn't think I was old enough either !)
Does anyone know if the pannier bags will fit ok ?:flag

I'll tell you tomorrow - I have an RT courtesy bike for the day and I'm going to check how the GS inner bags fit as we're planning on using them on an RT hire bike in the US at the end of May.

I managed to pick up an unused RT tankbag the other day and that will be up for sale in June when we return.

Just got to find as easy way to mount my Tomtom Rider now :confused:

RT Inner Bags

yep :thumb+1

Had a set of these for three years doing absolutely fine.

As has been said not as plush as the BM's but affordable and an elegant way of packing and unpacking your gear. Quickly too.

Inner material cracking slightly but I always put the stuff I want to keep totally dry in a roll or vacuum sealable bag. Though I don't carry a Dyson with me, it does help compress out a lot of the air in clothing. Makes packing fleeces etc a lot easier. Well worth the effort!

Try Argos at:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9010950/c_1/1|category_root|Home+and+furniture|14417894/c_2/2|14417894|Storage|14417975/c_3/3|cat_14417975|Underbed+storage+and+storage+bags|14417990.htm

:nenau

Tried my GS inner bags in an RT today and they do fit, although they're not quite the right shape. Close enough though :thumb2

Just a note on Maneevent. Have nothing but praise for them. Excellent quality and great value! There are poor quality panniers out there which I have had nothing but problems with. Maneevents have never let me down.

Have heard they are producing new pannier inners for the K1600GT which Is my second bike. :beerjug:

Bought the GreatBikersGear inner bags off eb@y. Not expecting much, so pleasantly surprised when they came. They are nothing special, but cheap and good enough. Recommended :thumb2

The Kathy's liners gave sterling service on our recent US trip and fitted the rental RT perfectly when stuffed to the gills. The cheap eBay top box bag is starting to split at the seams, so isn't quite as good VFM as the price suggested :(

Back
Top Bottom