french motorway tolls

Triple T

I have'nt been to france on the bike for many years.On sunday I am riding to disney with swmbo for a few days,do the motorway tolls charge bikes and how much is it?I though there might be a problem getting petrol as we are going on a sunday,but on the way there we will be going straight up the motorway,so we should be ok.

Triple T said:
I have'nt been to france on the bike for many years.On sunday I am riding to disney with swmbo for a few days,do the motorway tolls charge bikes and how much is it?I though there might be a problem getting petrol as we are going on a sunday,but on the way there we will be going straight up the motorway,so we should be ok.

Yes, they will, several times. And you've got to take the manned stations, not the credit card ones (only for cars).

Don't know how much, but bikes pay less then cars.

Count between 1 and 5 Euros per peage.

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr/tpl/hme/MaHomePage.htm will tell you

Keying in Calais to Eurodisney Paris returns: £10.47 for a car and £6.24 for a bike (select your vehicle in the parameters tab). According to the route below, there is only one toll booth where you have to pay as you take a ticket when you join the A16 and pay as you leave the A1

This is the full
URL link for my search but it may expire before you click it

The A16 route takes in the outer ring road, A86, for Paris and this can get well chokka like the Periphique inside it..... Going A26 and A1 also has one ticket point and toll booth I think.

From A1 follow signs on La Francilienne.

Petrol on the motorways is no problem on a Sunday....

Also go to the personned booth and flash a card to pay.... rather than use cash.

Sherringford Hovis said:
The A16 route takes in the outer ring road, A86, for Paris and this can get well chokka like the Periphique inside it..... Going A26 and A1 also has one ticket point and toll booth I think.

From A1 follow signs on La Francilienne.

Petrol on the motorways is no problem on a Sunday....

Also go to the personned booth and flash a card to pay.... rather than use cash.

Yes. I made a typo in my post. The Viamichelin route uses A26/A1.

Have to agree with A26. Been 3 times this year - A26 very little traffic each time I used it - A16 chocker the only time I was silly enough to use it.

As for petrol problem - off the motorways ona Sunday or in the evnings most garages are Automated - cards only - and french Bank issued cards only at that.

Recommendation, take cash for petrol, buy in daylight and before the yellow light comes on.

Back
Top Bottom