Sat Nav mounting

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just put a deposit on a Super Tenere :D and am now looking how to attach a Sat Nav.

I already have the Ram Kit that came with my Zumo 660, but anyone out there come across any other alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

I've just put a deposit on a Super Tenere :D and am now looking how to attach a Sat Nav.

I already have the Ram Kit that came with my Zumo 660, but anyone out there come across any other alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

You will love it !!!!! what colour you getting ,A lot more people are changing:D

You will love it !!!!! what colour you getting ,A lot more people are changing:D

Really looking forward to getting this bike, more than other recent bikes. At the moment I'm not changing, just adding! Very understanding wife.

It is white with the red front fairing decals extended onto the tank.

Extras specified/already on are:-

Givi Airflow Screen
Heated Grips
Yamaha Spots under the H'light
Alloy sump guard
Front fender extender
Rear Brake enlarger
Tank protector
Givi Top box Rack
Givi QD Pannier Rails
Givi Trekker Luggage

All I want to add is:-

Sat Nav Mount
Side Stand Enlarger
Pannier/Top Box inner Bags (possibly).

Mike

Touratech do screen adjusters with built in satnav mount, don't matter what screen you have it mounts on it

Touratech do screen adjusters with built in satnav mount, don't matter what screen you have it mounts on it

Many thanks for that idea.

When I had my GSA with the 660 mounted on the screen bar I had great difficulty in seeing the screen in sunlight. Do you have the same problem with your Tenere mounting?

At the moment I'm considering a Touratech Handlebar bracket with a Alder Enterprise Sat Nav mount.

Cheers

Mike

Attachments

• TENERE SAT NAV MOUNT.jpg
    TENERE SAT NAV MOUNT.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,056
  • ALDER ENTERPRISES SAT NAV BRACKET.jpg
    ALDER ENTERPRISES SAT NAV BRACKET.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 996
Many thanks for that idea.

When I had my GSA with the 660 mounted on the screen bar I had great difficulty in seeing the screen in sunlight. Do you have the same problem with your Tenere mounting?

At the moment I'm considering a Touratech Handlebar bracket with a Alder Enterprise Sat Nav mount.

Cheers

Mike

I would say if you are happy with the screen the handlebar bracket is the way to go :thumb2
not had problems with mine as i have the anti-glare shroud fitted

Unfortunately my first idea probably wouldn't work without modifications as the Touratech bar is too narrow for the Alder Enterprises mount. I could go for the Touratech lockable mount but cost are rising!

I found these on the net. I'm leaning towards the screen mount but it does not seem to be available in the UK although they are advertised on eBay Germany. Both units are about £45.

Anyone tried either of them?

Mike

Attachments

• sw motech sat nav mount.jpg
    sw motech sat nav mount.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,074
  • sw motech sat nav mount 2.jpg
    sw motech sat nav mount 2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 837
I finally went for this one. A very fine piece of kit and about £50 all in from Germany.

It is securely mounted with 4 bolts, two at the front and 2 at the side. If you have winglets fitted however, you will have to modify the bracket side mounts (or winglets) as they both mount in the same place.

Attachments

• sw motech sat nav mount.jpg
    sw motech sat nav mount.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 757
If ...

... you're happy with it mounted on/near the handlebar clamp then we've successfully used on of these on Jaq's bike for the last two years :thumb

I just fitted the Touratech Screen mount which includes a cross-bar for a sat-nav mount. I have added the Touratech lockable 660 mount and its a very good (although pricey) solution.

Loads of adjustability and a bit of extra security if you are prone to leaving your nav on the bike.

Rod

Unfortunately my first idea probably wouldn't work without modifications as the Touratech bar is too narrow for the Alder Enterprises mount. I could go for the Touratech lockable mount but cost are rising!

I found these on the net. I'm leaning towards the screen mount but it does not seem to be available in the UK although they are advertised on eBay Germany. Both units are about £45.

Anyone tried either of them?

Mike

im looking for similar have you the sellers name ???

I just fitted the Touratech Screen mount which includes a cross-bar for a sat-nav mount. I have added the Touratech lockable 660 mount and its a very good (although pricey) solution.

Loads of adjustability and a bit of extra security if you are prone to leaving your nav on the bike.

Rod

I have the Touratech windscreen mount as well. I changed the sat nav bar for a larger diameter one (a piece of bar cut to length with the holes drilled and threaded by a mate) and bought the OE BMW sat nav mount from the 1200GSA. Much cheaper than the Touratech one, quickly adjustable on a cam to change the angle or move it left and right so you can fit other accessories.

Matt

for what its worth ..... ive just purchased and fitted touratech screen adjuster and zumo 550 cradle ...... waste of money bouncy vibratey shakey £220 down the pan !

for what its worth ..... ive just purchased and fitted touratech screen adjuster and zumo 550 cradle ...... waste of money bouncy vibratey shakey £220 down the pan !

:comfort

For most purposes, the Touratech mount seems to be an over-engineered tart's handbag*. Ugly and expensive too. Hence (as mentioned elsewhere) I fitted a larger diameter bar to the Touratech screen / satnav mount and fitted the cheaper, tidier and more adaptable BMW mount for my 660 from a 1200GSA. Not sure if there is an equivalent for the 550.

Matt

*either the tart or the handbag could be over-engineered.

I had the TT handlebar mount but I didn't like that it was so low down and needed me to look away from the road for longer than I liked, I then bought a bar riser kit which meant I could no longer use the HB mount as the bolts weren't long enough, so I bought the TT adjustable screen with mount which I really like and think it looks fine, also to ability to adjust the screen is great which I had to do last Sun as it was so hot and I need more air through my lid

I've also got the TT lockable satnav mount which works really well and stops me from worrying about leaving my 660 on the bike when I stop for fuel etc ... :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom