Cruise Control

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know if there is a cruise contorl available for the 1150. I had 'the screw' on the 1100 and found it very useful, but this does not apear to be an option on the 1150.

Thanks

Mike R

There's the Throttlemeister, and I believe Wunderlich do one. I think there's a thread about it somewhere.

Steve.

Got one last week via Allan Jefferies. They organised it from SPC I presume as its a Wunderlich part. £57 was the cost and it replaces the R/H bar end.

The Wunderlich site says it won't fit with the h/guards but it's not true as it fits fine and works on the same friction principle as the old "screw".

HTH,

Thanks I think I've seen a picture of it on the American site. Is it good value for £57?

Mike R

Call me a cheap b4st4rd if you want but an 'o' ring inbetween the grip and rh switchgear works a treat.A lot cheaper than £57.

I prefer the cruise control because it is easy to wind on/off when required. I use it when on the m/way but don't want it when around town or blatting along country lanes. £57 is a lot more than the old screw but it was being bought by my family (in laws) as a birthday prezzie so was not an issue.

Must try and meet up and have a look at this device. Prestons not that far from Burnley.

Mike R

Mike,

I'll be in Burnley on the 19th for a meeting on Parker Lane. Lunch time until about 4.30pm. Let me know if you're available.

PS: Bummer of a score line, 3:1 :D

There's a picture on the Wunderlich site.

Mike R

I have an intermittant cruise control. It is (sometimes) engaged by putting the grip heeters to maximum ;-)

Richard

R Savage said:
I have an intermittant cruise control. It is (sometimes) engaged by putting the grip heeters to maximum ;-)

Richard

Sorry to bring up my Triumph Tiger again, but, that does this as well. I believe the Triumph grips are made by the same manufacturer as the BMW ones (they look the same except for the grip pattern).
Anyway, on the Tiger, I found 2 washers on the inside of the bar end weight. Removing these has the effect of bringing the weight into contact with the grip and acts as a cruise control. Expense? £000.00

Sorted!

You could add washers to achieve the same effect on the GS, but then it would be on permenantly. I need something that can be turned on and off on the move. I may go down the same road as Paul in the near future, but as I have just bought a second bike, funds are low at the moment.

Just seem your thread, Richard. This can be cured by fitting a washer between the grip and the bar end. I had the same 'problem'

Mike R

Try a ThrottleRocker...It's only about $7 USD and works pretty well for being cheap...you just rest the heel of your hand on the tab that comes off (attaches to) the grips and you have a sorta cruise control. It's basically just a piece 'o plastic that wraps around the grip and grips the grip via a rubber band thingy...Very lo-tech but, cheap...

Back
Top Bottom