Insurance Renewal From BMW!

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I received my renewal from BMW for £250.00. I phoned them up to check if that was the cheapest they could do and was told as a "renewal" yes. I told them to lapse the policy at its end as I was going to shop round. I phoned a few found them to be a bit cheaper witrh some weird cash back deals. I then decided to call back BMW who then quoted £213.00!

Moral of the story is; Don't take the first price!

That is usually the case Ian, always shop around. But there are the occasional exceptions to the rule, as I found when my car insurance renewal from Aviva was only £15 more than the last year and no-one else could get anywhere near it.

went to renew my gixxer thou insurance this year, £54 ! TPFT thought fantastic, then went to dealer web site, Swintons, and with their cash back deal £45 !!! guess thats the advantage of getting older

Aviva

That is usually the case Ian, always shop around. But there are the occasional exceptions to the rule, as I found when my car insurance renewal from Aviva was only £15 more than the last year and no-one else could get anywhere near it.

some friends of ours had 2 expensive moutain
bikes stolen off their motorhome (they were locked on) out side our home and aviva refused to pay out as they didnt class the motor home as a fixed object. i have moved my insurance as a result. it was in the small print but the sales person at the time siad they were covered. you only find out how good the company is when you make a claim, the cheapest is not always the best!:rob

I always get a 'new customer' quote off BMW's web site and use that when i phone as a starting point for negotiations as the renewal quote is always higher. They always come done when told of the quote given by their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

some friends of ours had 2 expensive moutain
bikes stolen off their motorhome (they were locked on) out side our home and aviva refused to pay out as they didnt class the motor home as a fixed object. i have moved my insurance as a result. it was in the small print but the sales person at the time siad they were covered. you only find out how good the company is when you make a claim, the cheapest is not always the best!:rob

You could find stories about pretty much any insurance company out there about them not paying out when a claim is made.

renewed mine last month, after much research I phoned devitt back and spoke to their non BMW people and reduced the quote from £387 to £230:clap

Damn & blast insurance cos

Got renewal from MCE at £484 (it's quite high cos of some historical stuff). Got 13 calls from them asking me to renew. Kept telling them I would check it out and ring them.
Rang round & got best alternative quote from Carole Nash for £413. Rang MCE; "the very best we can do is £432". Said I'd think about it. Then someone else from MCE rang . I explained. They reduced it to £409. What a bunch of arses!

Back
Top Bottom