New Honda Trail Bike

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
250cc

Available in the UK from June, apparently

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zcy3wnZBNL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But why two pipes on a 250? there seems to be a naked woman carrying a gun on the thumb nails at the end, worth a look :D

After a quick google

Attachments

• images crf 2.jpg
    images crf 2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 868
  • images crf.jpg
    images crf.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 874
Saw one in a Honda dealers today.........................not impressed, it felt very, very heavy for a 250 and definitely a 'budget' trail bike

Quality was not a patch on the XR range of old

Cheap controls, brake and gear lever made of cheap steel and no bendy tips

Finish was very poor for a Honda, with loads of cheap steel in the frame

Disappointed

I wondered what happened to this ‘bike....I think it was supposed to be up and running for March....:nenau

JB....Was the one that you saw an official UK ‘bike, and which dealer please ?

Yamaha have had one very similar out for a couple of years now so again Honda are playing catchup
Have a look for the Yamaha WR250R version

Yamaha have had one very similar out for a couple of years now so again Honda are playing catchup
Have a look for the Yamaha WR250R version

I knew about the Yam & a lovely machine it is

The Honda is a very poor imitation, not a patch on a 250 Serow or WRR

Very cheap & nasty

Disappointed & I'll keep my XR

Yeah, think I'll stick with this one...

2011_1017trailbike0008-1.jpg

Jeez, you may be my new hero.......:rolleyes:
You are not the only dude who has old iron in the shed, but it's not everyones taste, some want new, as y0ur bike was one day in the past, so this bollox of posting old bikes on threads about brand new kit makes zero impact..... why do it? Are you Chuck Norris?;)

OP in mind, JB I reckon HRC will have two new bikes out soon, the 250 based bike based on the bike you have generated this thread about... and yep, with Honda rekindled interest in the rally scene, there will be a 450 variant, which I think will be the bike of the future for some time...... remember the XR500 leading to the XR250, XR600 and then the XR400 domination. They were real bikes in our field.:thumb2

OP in mind, JB I reckon HRC will have two new bikes out soon, the 250 based bike based on the bike you have generated this thread about... and yep, with Honda rekindled interest in the rally scene, there will be a 450 variant, which I think will be the bike of the future for some time...... remember the XR500 leading to the XR250, XR600 and then the XR400 domination. They were real bikes in our field.:thumb2

Hope you're on the money, that would be a nice proposition, because at present the 250Serow and WRR are far better built and specced, plus in reality ride a lot better

Hope you're on the money, that would be a nice proposition....

Why else you the Japs re-invest in the event? No brainer!
And think about it...... a real bike, real reliability at a real price.
I think the future is not orange, the real money is coming back to the table.:eek

Much to the delight of many...... you included Johnny?;)

T.

Why else you the Japs re-invest in the event? No brainer!
And think about it...... a real bike, real reliability at a real price.
I think the future is not orange, the real money is coming back to the table.:eek

Much to the delight of many...... you included Johnny?;)

T.

Reckon so, really enjoying being back on a 250 again, love the XR I'm riding at present

2011_1017trailbike0008-1.jpg

I bet you get some fun on that (and never mind what the grumpy git says, it's still a free country last time I looked :augie ).

Anyway, I saw the new Honda 250 this week. Didn't have a real close-up, so can't comment on the quality but as some would say, the first bite of a dish is with the eye, and I think it looks rather good. Seems priced quite well too. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom