Extra mirrors for my 05 RT?

stanley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Right, so I'm finding the standard mirrors rubbish.

They look great, keep the wind of your hands but give a useless view behind me!!
I can see either my passengers knees or out to the sides (where there may normally be a blind spot) but not behind me.

So I got to thinking. The 05 switchgear has holes for mirrors. I popped into the BMW dealer to ask what they might have. They have advised that 1150GS mirrors (with nuts and washers) will fit. But over £100 !!

Anyone know what else would fit, work, look ok and not break the bank?

Thanks

Adventure Spec sell unbreakable mirrors, plus the RAM mount, and adapters that fit into the switch gear holes. Plus are transferrable to any bike, with appropriate adapter.

I have these on my 1200GSA as I got feekked off with having to use spanners every time i knocked them when parking or when I dropped the bike off road.

http://www.adventure-spec.com/default/ram-ball-with-m10-x-1-25-pitch-motorcycle-mirror-perch.html

http://www.adventure-spec.com/default/double-take-mirror.html

http://www.adventure-spec.com/default/gps-equipment-mount-ram-arm-1-3-4-inch.html

Mike.

Don't think they're as much as £100 new, I think I paid £50 for the pair new from Sherlocks about 3 years ago. try the breakers, the ones off the old K1200RS fit and look smart.

You should have kept the ones off the GS before you sold it Stan ! How's the bike going ?

S'pose I could go back and nick 'em!!
Fancy some of the K1200RS ones now I've seen them :)

Loving the bike, although I haven't ridden it much over Winter, I'm back on it good and proper now.
Going to see Jonno at the ABW tomorrow to get the throttle bodies balanced (low speed pick-up isn't quite right) then I've got a 10 day trip to Ireland (can't wait- never been before) and then in Summer it's over to Eastern Europe for several weeks.

You happy with yours SMcGirr, now the tyres are pumped up a bit harder?

Still getting used to it. Its not as nimble as the GS but thats easy to forget when after an hour or so in cold weather i remember how cold I would have been on the GS and I had an Adv screen and winglets on that !

I really like the new engine though, its smooother and has more get up and go although I havent had the chance to give it the beans yet as it hant had the run in service.

Not that happy with Williams though. Depending on how my next encounter goes I am inclined to do a write up on here. Summary so far : nice bike, poor dealer service!

SP:aidan

Tom from this site just sent me a picture of specific mirrors that have been made for the RT in a BMW dealership but they are £130

Right, so I'm finding the standard mirrors rubbish.

They look great, keep the wind of your hands but give a useless view behind me!!
I can see either my passengers knees or out to the sides (where there may normally be a blind spot) but not behind me.

Thanks

I'd perservere getting them set up right. I too moved from a gs to an rt and at first thougt the mirrors were pants. However after spending some time messing about with angles etc found that you could get a decent view of behind, perhaps even better than the gs :D

If it helps mine are set so that when looking in the mirrors from the normal riding position you can see all knuckles of your gloves in the top inside corner of the mirror.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom