Registering a 450 SX-F for the first time

harley-metisse

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anyone here registered a KTM 450 SX-F ? Or indeed, any other KTM 450 EXC or similar ?

If so what's involved ? I know as the bike is over 3 years old, I will need an MOT, one of them is booked for 10am on thursday the 22nd, hopefully it will pass ok. It will be a 'day-time MOT but that's ok according to the tester chap.

After that I have to go to the local vehicle licensing office and then register it. I've got the certificate of newness etc stating it's 2007 etc, but what else do I need ? And if there is anything, where do I go to get it ?

In my mind there is a bell ringing about an 'exemption' from type approval for an off-road bike, with certain dimensions etc being needed, seat height, ground clearance etc is this right ?

Help

Graham

Before you go to DVLA, it will need insuring using chassis number. During the registration proceedure, you will be paying for a tax disc, so MOT and Insurance are required to do that.
They may ask you to attend with the bike or you may be asked to take it to a VOSA test station to have it viewed to confirm it is a vehicle and it is that type of vehicle you are registering, no problem though usually unless you have a stolen or ringer/cat total loss listed vehicle. :eek

Just remember, just because the dvla have taken money from you, issued with a rego number and a tax disc, this does not mean you have a legal bike. Having to try and explain your way out of a £30/£60/prohibtion ticket at the road side with a PC Plod can be very difficult.
Daylight MOTs and registering motocross bikes is best avoided as it's too much hassle..... for me at least! :(

KTM 450 SX-F

Hi guys,

The bike's all registered now and I'm mobile, great !!

Although, does anyone have one of the low seats for these bikes ? It will need to be for the newer model bike - for the 2007 onwards SX. Th models changed then I understand.

Anyone got one for sale, or know of one that my be etc ?

Cheers

Have you thought about using shorter suspension legs? 450EXC are slightly shorter, and 690enduroR shorter again, and then even shorter again is the 690enduro forks.

KTM Low seat needed ?

The bike as it is has one of the Powerparts 'high' seats on it and to be fair is a bit too tall for me, I'm about 5'9"/5'10".

It would cost too much to change the forks etc wouldn't it ?

That's why I thought a seat change would be the best move.

The bike as it is has one of the Powerparts 'high' seats on it and to be fair is a bit too tall for me, I'm about 5'9"/5'10".

It would cost too much to change the forks etc wouldn't it ?

That's why I thought a seat change would be the best move.

Fair comment..... sometimes there are folk looking for either a seat swap or even a suspension swap...... lanky feckers! ;)

Another point, have you an expansion bottle on the rad overflow and has you a electric fan kit fitted?

Hi again,

This turning into our own thread.

No, I haven't got either of those. But now you've asked, I am begining to think that I might need to have !!

Do I ?

Back
Top Bottom