Is this the begining of the end?

MrIFan

Reaction score
A change of management for the Peak District National Park looks like it may bring a change of priorities to the management of rights of way!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-17510899

They want everyone to enjoy the Park but "in ways that do not damage the enviroment". So all the erosion caused, walls and fences knocked down and litter left by walkers and mountainbikers on open access land would appear not to be damage, but ride a bike or drive a 4x4 on a ROAD and you are a mindless vandal wrecking the countryside :nenau

Max laden weight of 350KG should do it.....................

No 4x4s and probably no horses either but fat tossers in GSs would be OK :aidan

Max laden weight of 350KG should do it.....................

No 4x4s and probably no horses either but fat tossers in GSs would be OK :aidan

Some of us would just scrape through that limit Nick :thumb2
I did notice tuther day that Bradley lane nr Pilsley has been resufaced by the council with tarmac planeings. Hopefully this will quieten the locals a little and possibly deter the lets get stuck brigade. Maybe or maybe not - I think its all doomed for us soon like Ian said

Tis sad that the anti lobby seems to be winning the battle:( The answer is to move to the USA I was in Houston January and off road parks are very popular, this one is about 600 acres and is privately owned, $40 and your in, $60 for the weekend if you want to camp.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6Qa--Phc32U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tis sad that the anti lobby seems to be winning the battle:( The answer is to move to the USA I was in Houston January and off road parks are very popular, this one is about 600 acres and is privately owned, $40 and your in, $60 for the weekend if you want to camp.

I have to say that it wouldn't appeal to me at all.

The part of 'off road' riding that appeals to me is being out on my own or with just one or two others, exploring little tracks and trails, getting fresh air, enjoying the countryside and views, and doing so quietly and slowly.

I have to say that it wouldn't appeal to me at all.

The part of 'off road' riding that appeals to me is being out on my own or with just one or two others, exploring little tracks and trails, getting fresh air, enjoying the countryside and views, and doing so quietly and slowly.

That's how everyone else likes it too...you being on your own that is. :)

The part of 'off road' riding that appeals to me is being out on my own or with just one or two others, exploring little tracks and trails, getting fresh air, enjoying the countryside and views, and doing so quietly and slowly.[/QUOTE]

Me toooo I've even took a flask of tea and ad a picnic
You miss too much travelling tooo fast
Ponytreking on 2 wheels - someday others will "get it" :rob

Me toooo I've even took a flask of tea and ad a picnic
You miss too much travelling tooo fast
Ponytreking on 2 wheels - someday others will "get it" :rob

That's why I'd rather have an old Serrow than a new KTM any day:thumb

So someone has got in contact with a representative of this new administration and invited them out for a day with you guys on serows, to show what it's all about and how little damage is caused?

Or is everyone just sitting around moaning about what they MIGHT do?

:augie

Back
Top Bottom