Take one PP3 battery.......

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Go to maplins and buy a flashing red LED for 30p, a PP3 rigid cap from your local electrical shop for 50p, and a PP3 battery from anywhere for about 2 quid.

Splice up the wires (and for the benefit of any 1200 riders who mistook the section for their safe padded room, you put the red to the red and the black to the black :thumb2)

P1020923-XL.jpg

Now, take your brand new plastic panel from Motorworks that cost £10 :eek:

What do you mean you didn't order one?? :rolleyes: :blast

I got mine a week ago when I was buying the exhaust gaskets....my original is shagged, two of the three mounting pillars have been broken off over the years and although it's a totally unnecessary but of plastic really, when I saw they were only a tenner, I got one :)

P1020919-XL.jpg

The middle pillar is hollow, and guess what? it's exactly the same size as the narrow edge of the PP3 battery :JB

So, shove the battery into your hole, possibly drilling two ikkle holes in the back of the pillar to take a couple of cable ties, then drill a hole for the LED to poke out of....add a big pile of silicone sealant (A big pile isn't strictly necessary....my tube had dried up though, so to get any out I had to cut the bottom corner of the tube off :blast It all became a bit messy at that stage, but WGAF :D)

P1020930-XL.jpg

See, i told you it was messy :blast

Wait until Silicone has gone off, Replace panel on bike, job's a good'un :thumb2

I did this on an old Golf GTI years ago, and the battery will last a year at least with a tiny flashing LED....it'd take 2 minutes to replace, or if you really wanted, you could wire it to the battery, but I can't really see the point.

Yes, it flashed all the time, but being where it is, it's invisible when you're riding, but VERY visible when you're off the bike :thumb2

It's bright enough to show through my tarp cover as well, and as I've had some little scroat paying attention to my bike recently, I reckon it was worth the 30 mins and about a fiver to do the job :thumb2

P1020941-XL.jpg

Hmm... I like that

I'll come round your house and steal it....:D

I reckon it was worth the 30 mins and about a fiver to do the job :thumb2
You've just wasted £5 and 30 minutes of your precious life. :D

Bill, ask the scroat about security, he knows more than you do.

If the scrote suspects the bike is alarmed he'll give it a fecking great shove and wait for the alarm to sound.

Or he can hide under the nice tarp you've provided for him and remove any device at his leisure.

funnily enough, i made something a bit like that for my golf GTI.

only it also had a couple of reed relays and switched on, when the ignition went off :)

You've just wasted £5 and 30 minutes of your precious life. :D

Bill, ask the scroat about security, he knows more than you do.

If the scrote suspects the bike is alarmed he'll give it a fecking great shove and wait for the alarm to sound.

Or he can hide under the nice tarp you've provided for him and remove any device at his leisure.

Hey, bog off :p

I've got a flashing light on my bike.

It's red, and it flashes.

You don't.

So I win, ok? :thumb2

You're right of course, it is unlikely to stop a proper scroat, but most GSs seem to be nicked to thrash around the fields.......if it only makes a few scroats go on past, it's worth it . And it was raining this afternoon, so I was bored :thumb2

My shit 12 year old datatool alarm is shit , it has a shit flashing red LED in the dash and when you touch the bike it makes hell of a noise. It's shit though (or so im told) What a load of shit.
:D

My shit 12 year old datatool alarm is shit , it has a shit flashing red LED in the dash and when you touch the bike it makes hell of a noise. It's shit though (or so im told) What a load of shit.
:D

Great :thumb2

I have a £60 shitty alarm on my 1100, so much as touch it and it fires off at the volume of a cats meow, BUT it has a blue flashing light and has never been nicked

Yet

So it must work.....Super Smashing Great :thumb2

funnily enough, i made something a bit like that for my golf GTI.

only it also had a couple of reed relays and switched on, when the ignition went off :)

Far simpler way to get the LED to Flash when ignition is off i to wire Red to permanent live and black to ignition-switched live.
Ignition on, no potential difference-light off
Ignition off, 12v differential-led flashes.

Dead easy

My 100RT has an immobiliser. Touch the bike nothing happens, also the larm is fitted with a panic switch. Accidentally activated this in the garage once, while my head was close.:blast

Seriously loud, rather not have it fitted though.

meta type.

Hardly the most scary breed of red LED :D

Car alarms get ignored so my Montego diesel with easy open doors (any screwdriver fits the lock) had a cheap battery-backed alarm under the dash. When that went off it was impossible to get into the car. The locks got screw-drivered but the car never got knicked. :spitfire

Hardly the most scary breed of red LED :D

Car alarms get ignored so my Montego diesel with easy open doors (any screwdriver fits the lock) had a cheap battery-backed alarm under the dash. When that went off it was impossible to get into the car. The locks got screw-drivered but the car never got knicked. :spitfire

what kind of idiot would nick a montego?

Back
Top Bottom