Belstaff Adventure jacket

(RIP) Shenzi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone owned/tried/seen this jacket? Looks good in the catalogue with lots of vent, removable sleeves and a rain throwover in the back pocket.
I tried to find one during my recent vist to UK but couldn't find anyone that has even heard of it. Since my return I sent an email to Belstaff but judging from their reply they are not interested in selling anything.

Bob

If its what I thinnk it is, I have looked at one in a dealer near me in Nortamptonshire. It is a bit like the Tuareg from Hein Gericke. It looks ok, for warmer weather use, appears to have a drinks system in it. I decided against it, as the BMW Rallye jacket fitted (sic) the bill much better for me.

Hope thats of use

FB

As an aside, Belstaff have ventured into 'designer motorbiker clothing' for affluent posers who've probably never even sat on a bike ....

... I saw a retro 50s design Belstaff jacket in one of the designer outlets in Cardiff city centre (Pavillion for those who know it), looked very nice but it was made of knappa and the price ....

..... wait for it ......

£620!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Shenzi said:
Has anyone owned/tried/seen this jacket? Looks good in the catalogue with lots of vent, removable sleeves and a rain throwover in the back pocket.
I tried to find one during my recent vist to UK but couldn't find anyone that has even heard of it. Since my return I sent an email to Belstaff but judging from their reply they are not interested in selling anything.

Bob

Saw one in Fowlers in Bristol recently,About £160 I think,looked pretty good and good value too.
I thought the jacket was externally waterproof and the trousers had a bum bag containing waterproof overtrousers-could be wrong-I'll take another look next week.
Had a Belstaff Explorer until fairly recently,top kit-kept me dry for 3 years,sold it to a mate just starting out on bikes,wish I hadn't now :(

OOps my goof, you're right

This is the Explorer,with slip over waterproof jacket as you described:rolleyes:
The one I had in mind was the errrrr Belstaff Jupiter;)

Attachments

• belstaff adventure_blue.jpg
    belstaff adventure_blue.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 684
You could try Bikers World in Coleshill I was in there on Thursday they had a sale on and of course lets not forget the Bike Show in Brum, always a chance of a Bargain .............

Bones said:
You could try Bikers World in Coleshill I was in there on Thursday they had a sale on and of course lets not forget the Bike Show in Brum, always a chance of a Bargain .............

MMmmm, Belstaff list it at £149 on their site, have to be some kind of bargain to pay for me coming over there again.
Thanks for all the replies...still think it looks good for the money.

Bob

Re: OOps my goof, you're right

2 wheel humvee said:
This is the Explorer,with slip over waterproof jacket as you described:rolleyes:
The one I had in mind was the errrrr Belstaff Jupiter;)

The jacket you show is in fact an Adventure, the Explorer is a different animal which appears to be more suitable for UK weather. Their website can be confusing, it is easy to have a jacket shown together with the write up for another one. One has to access the graphics and text seperately.

Funnily enough I too was in the UK lately to visit the folks and I saw the 'whatever it's called' :D jacket at probably the same store (Riverside, Northampton) as FB.
Nice jacket with a drinks system and waterproof trousers in the rear pocket, can't remember what it cost though, the BMW stuff's no doubt the best out there but at a premium. Have you also considered the Hein Gericke Tuareg jacket (sold in France I think........but at least on the continent if not)? I find mine very comfortable and an excellent piece of kit!

busters are doing the celcius jacket & pants at the moment for £225.00 brilliant value

Back
Top Bottom